News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

No, I don't.

€50k starting salary for a technician seems a bit high. Maybe for an engineer.

Technician:
http://www.lohnspiegel.de/main/zusatzinformationen/techniker-innen

jimmy olsen

Enrique overcharged me by $20! I'm never going back to his restaurant ever again!  :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 21, 2014, 05:59:46 AM
Enrique overcharged me by $20! I'm never going back to his restaurant ever again!  :mad:
That son of a bitch! :ultra:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Great, now I want Mexican food.

Is it true that, were I in a big hellhole of a city, are there really restaurants that cater to every taste which are open all the time?  It'd be pretty great to be able to get an enchilada at 7 a.m.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Probably can get one at Taco Bell.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Ideologue on June 21, 2014, 06:19:13 AM
Great, now I want Mexican food.

Is it true that, were I in a big hellhole of a city, are there really restaurants that cater to every taste which are open all the time?  It'd be pretty great to be able to get an enchilada at 7 a.m.
In Tokyo: no
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 21, 2014, 06:34:47 AM

Not open yet.  I think they might be doing a breakfast menu now, but I'm unsure if you can get a bean burrito or anything, just those gross-looking waffle tacos that I can't eat anyway because they're full of bacon.

There's also not one nearby.  If I could swing a business loan, which I can't, I'd put real thought into opening a Taco Bell franchise near my house.  I think it would do gangbusters.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on June 21, 2014, 06:54:35 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 21, 2014, 06:34:47 AM

Not open yet.  I think they might be doing a breakfast menu now, but I'm unsure if you can get a bean burrito or anything, just those gross-looking waffle tacos that I can't eat anyway because they're full of bacon.

There's also not one nearby.  If I could swing a business loan, which I can't, I'd put real thought into opening a Taco Bell franchise near my house.  I think it would do gangbusters.

For a traditional Taco Bell restaurant franchise unit, the total estimated investment ranges between $1,193,300-$2,465,600, which includes the initial QSR franchise fee of $45,000. For an endcap Mexican food franchise unit, the total investment ranges from $585,300-$1,205,600, which includes the $25,000 initial QSR franchise fee. The total investment to begin operation of an existing Taco Bell fast food franchise ranges between $175,000-$1,445,000 (or more), excluding real property.
The minimum financial requirement to become a Taco Bell Mexican restaurant franchisee in the United States is
$1.5 million net worth
$750,000 in liquid assets
Additional investment information can be found in Item 7 of the current Taco Bell Mexican franchise FDD.

Good luck!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Another dream deferred, I guess.
Kinemalogue

Josquius

So, yesterday night things totally didn't go according to plan for me. As per usual.
Not as per usual I ended up missing my last train home and had to sleep in a manga cafe. Damn, I don't know how some people manage to live in those places. It was far from comfotable. And I had to try two different places on opposite sides of Shibuya before I found one with space. Still. Beat the streets. We could really use such businesses in the UK. Though knowing Brits I doubt it would last long before being wrecked.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on June 21, 2014, 07:37:37 AM
So, yesterday night things totally didn't go according to plan for me. As per usual.
Not as per usual I ended up missing my last train home and had to sleep in a manga cafe. Damn, I don't know how some people manage to live in those places. It was far from comfotable. Still. Beat the streets. We could really use such businesses in the UK. Though knowing Brits I doubt it would last long before being wrecked.

Ugh...gross.

Just rent a room in a love hotel and sleep in a real bed.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Just walk?  How far is home?
Kinemalogue

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 21, 2014, 07:38:47 AM

Ugh...gross.

Just rent a room in a love hotel and sleep in a real bed.
...a manga cafe is gross but a love hotel isn't?
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

You should have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.  :smarty:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.