News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2014, 07:55:36 AM
The five dudes convicted in the Central Park jogger case had their sentences vacated.  A serial rapist who's DNA matched confessed to the crime.  NYC is settling for $40 million.  From NPR.

Only the settling bit is news. I thought this felt old and sure enough, sentences were vacated back in '02.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on June 20, 2014, 04:01:08 AM
I'm getting forgetful in my old age. Bought some nuggets and a drink at McDonald's.... Completely failed to remember to take my drink wth me when I left

Its not your age.  Its your diet.

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 20, 2014, 08:06:29 AM
If not, why so many convictions?  :hmm:
Even if there is only one perpetrator reported, you still wouldn't want the other four perfectly good confessions to go to waste.

The Brain

Bill Gates really sounds like Kermit.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

The third wealthiest person in the world is a Spaniard, Amancio Ortega.  Former CEO of Inditex, a clothing company.

Eddie Teach

Is Gates still the second?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

It was an article about Inditex,  not wealthy people.

Syt

Speaking of Spain.

Change of disposable income 2007 - 2011

Blue: all
Green Dot: Top 10% of incomes
Dark Dot: Bottom 10% of incomes
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Pretty sure Slim is #1.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

That's a little weird.  How did Bill, who has been giving his money away, pass Slim, who is still making more?

Liep

Lego guy is still stuck behind the top 100. :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Slim lost 700 million today. How much of it is in his couch, and how much under the seat of his car?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?