News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Man that does rankle a bit :console:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on May 22, 2014, 12:28:07 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2014, 12:21:24 PM
Check your privilege.

You best check yourself before you wreck yourself.

:hmm:

Needs more stuttering.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2014, 01:28:39 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2014, 12:21:24 PM
Check your privilege.

I cashed it :P Thanks!

A nominal fee applies, even if you have an account :menace:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Zanza

Is there anything more boring than waiting at an airport?

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on May 22, 2014, 02:37:23 PM
Is there anything more boring than waiting at an airport?

Yes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on May 22, 2014, 02:38:52 PM
Really? What?

Well there are TVs, magazines, restaurants, lots of people walking around.  I can certainly think of more boring places.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Iormlund

Really? What?

Attending a Siemens presentation. For 8 hours.

Food was great though.

garbon

Really? What?

Bus stop, subway (no cell service/internet), doctor's office, jury duty...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

The TVs all show Indian cricket league, the people in the lounge look like your normal business travellers and stare at their laptops or iPads. No magazines in here and my Kindle only has boring books. #firstworldproblems

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on May 22, 2014, 02:45:20 PM
The TVs all show Indian cricket league, the people in the lounge look like your normal business travellers and stare at their laptops or iPads. No magazines in here and my Kindle only has boring books. #firstworldproblems

Well it sounds like you are just in a shitty terminal. Actually now from what I recall, I do remember being in some terminals in Europe where you didn't have easy access to other parts of that terminal (or other terminals) - making it sort of just the equivalent of a waiting room.

Iormlund

Quote from: Zanza on May 22, 2014, 02:45:20 PM

Try staying at a hospital for a week without being able to even sit without help (and no wifi). Holy shit does time go slowly. I even asked my family to come visit.  :P

Valmy

Quote from: Iormlund on May 22, 2014, 03:01:25 PM
Try staying at a hospital for a week without being able to even sit without help (and no wifi). Holy shit does time go slowly. I even asked my family to come visit.  :P

Dear God man!

Zanza

I actually checked and they do have magazines. In French or local Indian ones.

My flight is scheduled at 3am, which must be just about the worst possible time if the day.