And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

HVC

Nothing quite like a car alarm that won't fucking shut up at 2 am on a Sunday. I'm this close to finding it and setting the piece of shit in fire.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Wow the YouTube copyright police work fast and annoyingly.
Uploaded a video the other day to show a few people back home a semi interesting thing I saw in a shopping mall, in the background however you can just about make out a Michael Jackson song being played.....so YouTube removed all the sound.  Fuckers. Yet the video only had 4 views, bizzarely
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Navy SEALS seized that oil tanker in Libya that was supposedly being loaded for NKorea.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on March 17, 2014, 02:06:15 AM
Uploaded a video the other day to show a few people back home a semi interesting thing I saw in a shopping mall, in the background however you can just about make out a Michael Jackson song being played.....so YouTube removed all the sound.  Fuckers. Yet the video only had 4 views, bizzarely

Yeah, their bots are quick nowadays.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 17, 2014, 06:46:57 AM
Quote from: Tyr on March 17, 2014, 02:06:15 AM

Yeah, their bots are quick nowadays.

The singularity approaches.  :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 16, 2014, 11:43:04 AM
Today's NYT has an opinion piece in which the author compares Paul Ryan's attitude towards the poor with Britain's attitude towards the victims of the potato famine, from which Ryan's ancestors fled.  :lol:

Was it Paul Krugman? :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Britain did all the right things.  The famine was just a temporary dislocation, and the Irish eventually adjusted their behavior in response.

MadImmortalMan

Tickets are bought.

Mrs. MIM and I are flying into Vienna in a couple months.

Are there Turkish skulls outside the city? Is the Danube really blue?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grey Fox

Watching Women's world championship curling and, in Sochi I didn't notice, but the Russian team is pretty hot.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

Really, the Russian chick was the talk of the internets for a good 2 days.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Syt

Amazon.de have stated that advertising instant video streaming in Austria was "a mistake".

Amazon Prime in Germany cost so far EUR 29.- per year and got you overnight delivery, and you could lend an ebook once a month. They've now hiked the price up to 49.- and add Amazon Instant Video, which would be cool.

You can sign up from Austria, but the only thing you'd get is the ebook lending. No overnight delivery, no video streaming. Yeah ... no, thanks. Same reason why I haven't moved to Kindle Fire - all the interesting extra stuff would be Germany only.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I love my Kindle Fire.  Admittedly it's an unnatural love, but considering some the sexual nightmares on this board, it's a peccadillo.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017