News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 17, 2014, 01:54:29 PM
Mrs. MIM and I are flying into Vienna in a couple months.
:ph34r:

QuoteAre there Turkish skulls outside the city? Is the Danube really blue?

Turkish skulls - not that I'm aware of, though I guess it's conceivable. :unsure: I can show you a couple dozen Turkish restaurants, though. :P
Danube - depends on the weather. If the sky is blue, so is the Danube. From my office I look down on it and the side-arm they added when they created the Danube Island is usually bluer than the main one.

Don't mistake the Danube Canal near Schwedenplatz with the Danube, though or (even worse) the Wien river. ;)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Beenherebefore

Do the Turkish restaurant use Turkish skulls as dishes?  :hmm:
The artist formerly known as Norgy

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Sure, I'd worship that.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Unrelated to the tree.
I've just recieved a sudden urge to form a band.
But I'm lazy.
And can never meet anyone with more than a half a clue about awesome music.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 18, 2014, 07:23:01 AM
That's a big tree.
It's one of the largest trees in the world. When the seed it came from sprouted the Greeks were laying siege to Troy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_%28tree%29
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on March 18, 2014, 07:33:50 AM
Unrelated to the tree.
I've just recieved a sudden urge to form a band.
But I'm lazy.
And can never meet anyone with more than a half a clue about awesome music.

Can you sing or play an instrument?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Dammit, I had a good line left for the bot thread!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

You sure you want Cali to annex Texas and Idaho?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

That's a big motherfucking tree.

garbon

Probably about the same as the people who live in the Central Valley / most of the Inland Empire.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

I've got a dreadful cold. Currently in bed with a Lemsip and self-pity.

Send help.
Let's bomb Russia!