The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 14, 2014, 05:39:43 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2014, 05:03:24 PM
Quote from: HVC on March 14, 2014, 03:09:01 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2014, 01:08:41 PM
Uh-oh. The school just called about the twins. See ya later. Time to bail them out.
what'd they set on fire now?

2nd grader punched Cassandra in the face. X-Rays at the ER: Negative

Just some swelling. However, the schools actions have got my wife in full Hoosier fury.

Is the 2nd grader still in the hospital?

Teacher intervened before my girls could cut the punk.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2014, 05:44:34 PM
Uh-oh. The school just called about the twins. See ya later. Time to bail them out.

Just some swelling. However, the schools actions have got my wife in full Hoosier fury.

Now I understand why your wife is so upset.

Ed Anger

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 14, 2014, 05:53:16 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2014, 05:44:34 PM

Now I understand why your wife is so upset.

Since the girls were in a "fight", they want to suspend them for 3 days. I guess getting sucker punched is an offense now.

Katerina did unleash some swear words though. Some I didn't think she knew yet.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Zanza on March 14, 2014, 04:30:04 PM
Quote from: Brazen on March 14, 2014, 05:18:00 AM
Colour Battle of Britain footage from inside a Messerschmitt:
http://www.uasvision.com/2014/03/14/battle-of-britain-camera-onboard-messerschmitt-109/

German speakers, I''d be interested to know some of what the pilot's saying.

A: Fighter right ahead.

B: Contact. ... Spitfire.

A: Where are they? Do you still see them?

B: Yes. 11 o'clock, 11 o'clock low. Go into shooting position.

A: Okay.

B: Fire, fire! [couldn't understand]

[machine guns]

A: Looking good.

B: Missed.

A: Do you still see them?

B: Yeah, [couldn't understand]

A: Looking good.

B: Shoot!

A: Hit!

B: Yeah!! Where's the second?

A: I think it turned north, westwards.

B: Let's go home. My fuel is running out. Good day, my friend. One more shot down.

A: CAREFUL, [couldn't understand] from behind!

B: Engine is stopping! [couldn't understand]

B: I must go down, my engine stops, I must go down.

A: Eject, eject!

B: I can't, I can't control it.

A: I must turn away, my fuel is running out.

They seem awfully calm for what is going on. And they use formal language to address each other, which sound strange. The whole thing has a vibe of not being real to me.

I suspect it's not real.  Combat footage almost never had sound.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on March 14, 2014, 05:23:19 PM
Changing pronounciation of English: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/11/pronunciation-errors-english-language
Interesting.

I found out today that island and isle have totally different roots.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

:hmm:
The t in christmas is pronounced is it not? Very subtle but...its sort of there...
██████
██████
██████

sbr

No

Unless you work for Vern Fonk Insurance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fplj61Y5QME

Josquius

I'm saying christmas over and over now. When I try to leave a definite lack of something between s and m it sounds odd. There should by a bit of a gottal stop in there.
██████
██████
██████

sbr

Quote from: Tyr on March 14, 2014, 10:17:54 PM
I'm saying christmas over and over now. When I try to leave a definite lack of something between s and m it sounds odd. There should by a bit of a gottal stop in there.

You need a new hobby.

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on March 14, 2014, 03:50:34 PM
Quote from: Josephus on March 14, 2014, 03:22:23 PM
So I went to Wendy's today for a burger for lunch.

Woman at the till was crying.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"My daughter. She has cancer. Now the hospital called, and she's taken a turn for the worse. Would you like to make that  combo?"

Um.... :( No. thanks.
I often feel kinda bad for the people that work at the Wendy's near me.  They all work really hard and do a great job, and they're friendly and know many customers by name to boot.  But except for the manager, they all make so little money that they have 1 or even 2 additional jobs.  Often when I go in there Charles, one of the assistant managers, is coming out of the back changed into his Captain D's uniform and rushing off to his job there.

It's a great thing that all your professional contacts make like $100k a year, though.  That's certainly some consolation, right?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2014, 06:00:26 PM
Since the girls were in a "fight", they want to suspend them for 3 days. I guess getting sucker punched is an offense now.

Yep.  That was the case even when I was a kid.  "Got jumped by a guy two years older and fifty pounds larger than you?  That's a suspension."  Fucking cunt administrators, it boils my blood just to think about how much trouble I got in basically because I was small enough to be bullied but unwilling not to fight back. <_<
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2014, 05:17:37 PM
QuoteA Saudi cleric named Saleh al-Fawzan has issued fatwa against all-you-can-eat buffets in Saudi Arabia. He made the statement on a Saudi Quranic TV station.

Fawzan said the value and quantity of the food sold should be pre-determined before hand.

"Whoever enters the buffet and eats for 10 or 50 riyals without deciding the quantity they will eat is violating Sharia (Islamic) law," Fawzan was quoted on al-Atheer channel.

The fatwa attempts to add plate piling eateries to the long list of things outlawed by religious edicts. It has been the subject of condemnation and debate on social media channels.

While some twitter users slammed the cleric's fatwa by using the hashtag "prohibiting-open-buffet" (in Arabic) others tweeted supporting it.

"We've got crab legs!"
*beheaded*

Ideologue

Golden Corral is not halal.
Kinemalogue

Josquius

There's a website where readers submit articles.
Generally stuff like 20 things that are awesome about x, 7 things that suck about y.
And I'm pretty sure its not cracked. Its better than that.

Any guesses what site I'm thinking of? I really don't know. Gah.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Buzzfeed or thought catalogue would be my guess.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.