News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on March 06, 2014, 09:42:31 AM
So, I had a pretty bad fever last night, and felt cold all the time (shivering at room temperature), so, listening to my body as I have been taught to do, I put on three shirts and wrapped myself in three sheets when I went to bed.  My girlfriend said this is actually bad.  Is she correct?  Seems like, since the point is to raise your body temperature and destroy the infection, it's just helping the process along.
Remember: feed a cold, starve a fever.

I tend to be pretty Victorian in my home treatments. I'm fairly sure that good ventilation can cure anything :blush:

Incidentally how's not smoking going?
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

I could swear it was the other way around.  :huh:

Ed Anger

Quote from: alfred russel on March 06, 2014, 12:30:42 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 06, 2014, 11:02:00 AM
Gross. I wear latex gloves.

You can also put latex on your big finger. That is the more effective birth control strategy.

You are such a square when it comes to sex.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 06, 2014, 05:03:38 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 06, 2014, 09:42:31 AM
So, I had a pretty bad fever last night, and felt cold all the time (shivering at room temperature), so, listening to my body as I have been taught to do, I put on three shirts and wrapped myself in three sheets when I went to bed.  My girlfriend said this is actually bad.  Is she correct?  Seems like, since the point is to raise your body temperature and destroy the infection, it's just helping the process along.
Remember: feed a cold, starve a fever.

I tend to be pretty Victorian in my home treatments. I'm fairly sure that good ventilation can cure anything :blush:

Incidentally how's not smoking going?

Other than the occasional hit off my girlfriend's cigarettes, not badly.  I don't really like smoking very much anymore.  Makes my lungs feel shitty immediately.

I haven't kicked dipping again entirely though.  I mainly do it at work, and less so at home and never with my GF around (obviously).

I really wish I hadn't 1)gained weight and 2)had a phase of despair back in January and started back.  I had quit everything.  But I don't like having a gut and, for what it's worth, nicotine is a reasonable home remedy for serious depression. -_-

I will note that I actually dropped below 170 for a day a week or so back thanks to restarting nicotine. :hmm:

I will quit again at some point in the near future, I just have to be ready for it, weightwise; the fact that I can go without indefinitely with few ill effects (as long as I'm not at work, anyway) suggests that it may be easier the second time.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

I'd also like to get an dextroamphetamine prescription, so as to avoid the precipitous loss in mental acuity and ability to focus that comes with full withdrawal and lasts for weeks.  I think it'll also help with weight gain issues.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 06, 2014, 05:03:38 PMI'm fairly sure that good ventilation can cure anything :blush:

That's because you live in a musty, moldy country.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 06, 2014, 01:37:54 PM
I pretty much missed the entire Grease thing, apart from the occasional song on the radio.

That's because it was immoral and endorsed whoring. And Rizzo wasn't a traditional gender role model.

CountDeMoney

I think we need Ide to drop the terms "girlfriend" and "GF" in posts more frequently.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 06, 2014, 11:32:16 PM
I think we need Ide to drop the terms "girlfriend" and "GF" in posts more frequently.

She needs a geographically related moniker.

What's her background, Ide? Shall we call her America?

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on March 06, 2014, 11:38:23 PM

She really doesn't.  It would be charming if Ideo called a girl something based on other than her ethnic origin.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

fhdz

Quote from: Barrister on March 06, 2014, 11:57:39 PM

She really doesn't.  It would be charming if Ideo called a girl something based on other than her ethnic origin.

"Bones"
and the horse you rode in on

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on March 06, 2014, 11:57:39 PM

Up to Ide, really.

Admiral Yi

The first college fraternity was established in 1825 at Antioch College in upstate New York.

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 07, 2014, 01:11:39 AM
The first college fraternity was established in 1825 at Antioch College in upstate New York.
There were definitely fraternities in European colleges/universities before that.

Admiral Yi