And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

DGuller

Quote from: Ideologue on March 06, 2014, 09:42:31 AM
So, I had a pretty bad fever last night, and felt cold all the time (shivering at room temperature), so, listening to my body as I have been taught to do, I put on three shirts and wrapped myself in three sheets when I went to bed.  My girlfriend said this is actually bad.  Is she correct?  Seems like, since the point is to raise your body temperature and destroy the infection, it's just helping the process along.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

alfred russel

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 06, 2014, 11:02:00 AM
Gross. I wear latex gloves.

You can also put latex on your big finger. That is the more effective birth control strategy.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 05, 2014, 06:41:02 PM
Quote from: Josephus on March 05, 2014, 05:46:43 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 05, 2014, 12:18:59 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 05, 2014, 11:28:07 AM
RSO records didn't need U2, after almost forty years as a top record label they are still going strong.

Yeah, who would have needed all those millions anyway

Not sure they were an RSO type of band. RSO had The Bee Gees and the Grease soundtrack. (I know this cause I had those records) :huh:

Grease?  I am going to have to reassess everything I thought I knew about you.

I was 12. Loved it. John T. was my idol  :D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Savonarola

Quote from: Josephus on March 06, 2014, 12:51:21 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 05, 2014, 06:41:02 PM
Grease?  I am going to have to reassess everything I thought I knew about you.

The movie came out the summer that I turned six.  A lot of my classmates had older siblings who adored that movie, so it was awesome! (though none of us had seen it.)  I remember that fall we had a speaker in my first grade class; the entire class gasped when they heard that she was "From Greece."  We thought she was the coolest person ever.   :cool:

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

They never should have forced poor Olivia Newton John to do a cartwheel.  :(

derspiess

I pretty much missed the entire Grease thing, apart from the occasional song on the radio. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

I do remember when Grease 2 came out in the theater some of my friends were all excited for whatever reason.  So when we went to see it we got there too late and ended up watching Firefox, which was the movie I wanted to see in the first place & was pure awesomeness for my 9-year old eyes.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Caliga

I saw that on my FB feed yesterday.  Really neat. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Brazen on March 06, 2014, 11:18:58 AM
Sample the app that enables you to read really, really quickly:
http://elitedaily.com/news/technology/this-insane-new-app-will-allow-you-to-read-novels-in-under-90-minutes/

Maybe my reaction would be different if I got used to it - but while I thought the slowest one was kinda cool, the bottom two made me feel a little unwell.

I was a bit confused about people who liked to read getting all pissy. I'm not sure why something that would let you read quicker would be a negative as you could still read novels at a leisurely pace if you still wanted.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on March 06, 2014, 12:51:21 PM

I went on my first "date" to see Grease - I think in grade 7.  I loved the movie but for a whole other reason. :D