News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Well thats odd. Today I recieved an unexpected phone call spoken in super fast Japanese which said it was DHL and had a package for me. But...nobody I know of has sent me anything, my mother knows nothing. Not many people even know my address. I wonder if this is the start of some sort of scam.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on March 06, 2014, 08:35:15 AM
Well thats odd. Today I recieved an unexpected phone call spoken in super fast Japanese which said it was DHL and had a package for me. But...nobody I know of has sent me anything, my mother knows nothing. Not many people even know my address. I wonder if this is the start of some sort of scam.
Are you supposed to pick it up at a DHL office or what?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Hold the package to your ear and see if you can hear the ticking.

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 06, 2014, 08:38:39 AM
Are you supposed to pick it up at a DHL office or what?
God knows.
They were asking when I was in and I told them so I'll see tomorrow if a package turns up or if its the immigratoin authorities having found something dodgy in my paperwork or the yakuza or zombies or....
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

So, I had a pretty bad fever last night, and felt cold all the time (shivering at room temperature), so, listening to my body as I have been taught to do, I put on three shirts and wrapped myself in three sheets when I went to bed.  My girlfriend said this is actually bad.  Is she correct?  Seems like, since the point is to raise your body temperature and destroy the infection, it's just helping the process along.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

I don't know what you *should* do, but I try to keep the layers off whenever I can stand it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

How the fuck did Ide survive this long.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Minsky Moment

If only he had gotten that STEM degree, he'd know what to do.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Larch

What causes the temperature rise of fever is the actual killing of the infection, not the other way around. The temperature rises because of substances produced by the inmune system.

alfred russel

Ide, if you jump into an inferno, it will kill the infection. It is the only way to be sure.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on March 06, 2014, 09:42:31 AM
So, I had a pretty bad fever last night, and felt cold all the time (shivering at room temperature), so, listening to my body as I have been taught to do, I put on three shirts and wrapped myself in three sheets when I went to bed.  My girlfriend said this is actually bad.  Is she correct?  Seems like, since the point is to raise your body temperature and destroy the infection, it's just helping the process along.

She should have given you a blowjob.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Not hardly. I was like Priapus this morning, but last night it would have been difficult.

Fingering a gal.when you have a fever is weird, too, it's like putting your hand in water. Interesting if not quite recommended.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Gross. I wear latex gloves.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive