News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

My bike has a puncture so I have to walk. <_<
Please remind me if I ever visit the US that I have to dig up Douglas Macarthur and give him a good slapping for inflicting such stupid notions of urban design on Japan.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

I bet Zombie MacArthur kicks Josq's ass.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on March 07, 2014, 05:50:08 AM
My bike has a puncture so I have to walk. <_<
Please remind me if I ever visit the US that I have to dig up Douglas Macarthur and give him a good slapping for inflicting such stupid notions of urban design on Japan.

Walking is foor poor people, buy a car or use public transport.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Word of the day: Skunk works.

Somebody familiar with the term? I just saw it today for the first time.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Jacob on March 07, 2014, 12:57:48 AM
Quote from: Barrister on March 06, 2014, 11:57:39 PM
Quote from: Jacob on March 06, 2014, 11:38:23 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 06, 2014, 11:32:16 PM
I think we need Ide to drop the terms "girlfriend" and "GF" in posts more frequently.

She needs a geographically related moniker.

She really doesn't.  It would be charming if Ideo called a girl something based on other than her ethnic origin.

Up to Ide, really.

Is.  I don't see as much need to discuss her, since she's basically just great. :)

I'd probably just use "Columbia" if I wished to, though.  (I think she's probably English/German, but she's adopted, so who knows? -_- )
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Larch

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 07, 2014, 08:36:32 AM
Lockheed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunk_Works

Thanks! I just read it today on the profile of an organization I cooperate with. Interesting...

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 07, 2014, 08:08:22 AM
Walking is foor poor people, buy a car or use public transport.

Walking is healthy and public transport probably doesn't save much time if he's in walking distance.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Man it is kind of eerie how much Kaiser Wilhelm II's Great-Great-Grandson resembles him.  This dude needs to grow one of those mustaches.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 07, 2014, 09:38:46 AM
Man it is kind of eerie how much Kaiser Wilhelm II's Great-Great-Grandson resembles him.  This dude needs to grow one of those mustaches.

He needs something to distract from those teeth but no one needs one of those mustaches.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Helmet with giant eagle on top.

PDH

The mustache was the best thing about the Kaiser.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on March 07, 2014, 09:47:41 AM

The pleasure elevator for the ladies.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 07, 2014, 09:50:58 AM
Quote from: PDH on March 07, 2014, 09:47:41 AM

The pleasure elevator for the ladies.

Today known as "I don't want to get laid".
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Which is why I go full Mel Gibson beard.