News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: sbr on January 01, 2014, 04:50:22 PM
James Avery, the actor who played Uncle Phil in Fresh Prince of Bel Aire died today.

I assume that is what Liep was talking about.

Asoka.

Lettow77

why does yi of all people annoyingly speak in psuedojapanese?
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 01, 2014, 09:27:22 PM

Why does lettow annoyingly speak in pseudojapanese?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 01, 2014, 10:30:29 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on January 01, 2014, 09:27:22 PM

Why does lettow annoyingly speak in pseudojapanese?

Cause that's exactly what he is?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

I think I'm pseudojapanese.  I really think so.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Lettow77

Raz, the wedding is in the spring. You thought my words a great jest, and have kept them on languish for quite some time, but I made a life goal some three years ago and have taken great strides to achieving it. What have you done in the same span of time?
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 02, 2014, 07:31:32 AM
Raz, the wedding is in the spring. You thought my words a great jest, and have kept them on languish for quite some time, but I made a life goal some three years ago and have taken great strides to achieving it. What have you done in the same span of time?

I've annoyed Yi.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

Got into Denver International last evening just as it was getting dark.  It was snowing and on the edge of freezing, but being a hardy Wyomingite I headed out.  The roads weren't too bad, as long as I took it slow. 

Coloradans weren't taking it slow, and I learned that Dodge Chargers don't do well on icy roads - I saw three of them off the side.  My little Honda chugged into Cheyenne a couple of hours later and I turned for the last 40 miles to Laramie.  That took me 2 and a half hours, and I saw another 5 or 6 off the road with flashing lights.

Winter in Wyoming is wonderful.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

lustindarkness

Quote from: PDH on January 02, 2014, 08:24:06 AM
Got into Denver International last evening just as it was getting dark.  It was snowing and on the edge of freezing, but being a hardy Wyomingite I headed out.  The roads weren't too bad, as long as I took it slow. 

Coloradans weren't taking it slow, and I learned that Dodge Chargers don't do well on icy roads - I saw three of them off the side.  My little Honda chugged into Cheyenne a couple of hours later and I turned for the last 40 miles to Laramie.  That took me 2 and a half hours, and I saw another 5 or 6 off the road with flashing lights.

Winter in Wyoming is wonderful.

:thumbsup:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josquius

I miss real winters.
Everywhere I've lived in Japan the winters always have a very dry cold so they're just...cold and unpleasant. No snow.
The crappy construction of Japanese houses doesn't help either.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Move to Hokkaido, I hear their sashimi is better too.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Quote from: Liep on January 02, 2014, 09:35:28 AM
Move to Hokkaido, I hear their sashimi is better too.
I've yet to get around to visiting but from what I've heard I really wouldn't mind Sapporo. Elsewhere in Hokkaido though....It would give new meaning to boring countryside.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 02, 2014, 07:31:32 AM
Wait, wait, wait? You're getting married? :o
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

██████
██████
██████