News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I may just go to Wally World and buy new lights. Then punch myself in the nuts.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Ah fuck it. Shit ain't gonna float down from the attic by itself.

derspiess

Thinking about finally switching to LEDs if I can find a deal.  Then again, I keep finding unopened boxes in the basement of the large round incandescent bulbs, which I prefer aesthetically but burn out like crazy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on October 14, 2013, 07:24:42 AM

I  don't know about Korea, I would assume its similar, but in Japan if I were to call the cops for such a thing then they would come and they would make a big deal  of it. Its not like they've too much other crime to deal with and most importantly the wife beating was so bad that it bothered the neighbours, a foreign neighbour at that, how dare the husband shame Japan like so!
I read that the rate is 5 times higher in Korea than in Japan or Britain. 18% of the time the cops won't show up and 50% of the time they just talk to the husband at the door and leave.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

lustindarkness

I need to clean the fish tank, but the interwebs have a hold of my simple mind.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

My girlfriend's Uncle & Aunt once lived in a filthy apartment complex.

One hot summer night, her Aunt spots a cockroach & proceeds to start yelling madly. Her uncles sees that & decides to kill to the cockroach smashing it with a shoe.

While he's smashing hard on the floor with a shoe, aunt is screaming, he is screaming "Die you bitch, die!".

Yep, the cops showed up.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 14, 2013, 11:03:47 AM
My girlfriend's Uncle & Aunt once lived in a filthy apartment complex.

One hot summer night, her Aunt spots a cockroach & proceeds to start yelling madly. Her uncles sees that & decides to kill to the cockroach smashing it with a shoe.

While he's smashing hard on the floor with a shoe, aunt is screaming, he is screaming "Die you bitch, die!".

Yep, the cops showed up.

Did the roach press charges?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Just my luck. Typhoon this week...on my day off. :(
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on October 14, 2013, 11:45:25 AM

A thought that wouldn't have entered the head of any Wehrmacht solider in France '44.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: mongers on October 14, 2013, 02:16:10 PM

A thought that wouldn't have entered the head of any Wehrmacht solider in France '44.

What about Wehrmacht soldier outside Moscow in '41?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on October 14, 2013, 06:55:00 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 14, 2013, 02:16:10 PM

What about Wehrmacht soldier outside Moscow in '41?

Likewise.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

:lol: poor William Price-Hound.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.