And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2013, 08:47:49 AM
:lol:  I wish I had your free time.

Hand out Chick Tracts for trick or treat to counteract their wiccanness.

Gotta keep my body active.  :P

No chick tracts. Maybe mini containers of floss.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on October 15, 2013, 08:46:41 AM
Whats the point in putting up a  christmas tree? It serves no utility and you'll only have to take it down again in a few weeks.

I have to agree with Jos. The mess of needles is enough to drive me batty. I've been arguing for years now for at least a fake tree but no dice. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on October 15, 2013, 08:48:26 AM
Whats the point in putting up a  christmas tree? It serves no utility and you'll only have to take it down again in a few weeks.

But if Ed sets it up now, he can leave it up for 3 months.

Santa becomes my enforcer in the war against child misbehavior.

Ed Anger

Yes, I keep a live tree in my attic.

Grey Fox

What's the point of putting on pants? It servers no utility, my body is beautiful, and I'll have to take them off in a few hours.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 15, 2013, 09:01:31 AM

What's the point of putting on pants? It servers no utility, my body is beautiful, and I'll have to take them off in a few hours.

You'll get arrested/fired if you don't?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

That depends. Are you a lifeguard?

garbon

Grey Fox

No. I wear pants & have no trouble with putting up a Christmas tree.

You?

Ed Anger

Christmas Tree: erect
Lights: still tangled
Toys stepped on: 2
Profanities used: infinity
Help from wife: none
Wife: useless

Grey Fox

I have to wait until December 1st to put up the Tree.

:(

Jacob

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 15, 2013, 10:12:53 AM

I usually put mine up around Dec. 21st or so.

Syt

Well, I don't put any seasonal decorations. Ever.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 15, 2013, 10:12:53 AM

We usually put ours up sometime between the day after Thanksgiving and December 1st.  For some reason, my mom always got the Christmas stuff out on December 7th.  Not because of Pearl Harbor Day, just because.

I broke down and did the Elf on the Shelf thing last year and Tommy loved it.  He's been asking about it all year.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Syt on October 15, 2013, 10:17:46 AM
Well, I don't put any seasonal decorations. Ever.

I have several up, all year long. -_-