Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Quote from: Ideologue on August 21, 2013, 07:34:41 AM
I just put dishwashing gel in my laundry. :Embarrass:

I can see that happening, I don't think it will damage your clothes. :unsure:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

It'll lift all that grease he eats out of his clothes.

merithyn

I use dishwashing gel on my clothes when I get a spot on them. Works beautifully. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

Best thing to clean a police badge is toothpaste.

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 21, 2013, 08:39:22 AM
Best thing to clean a police badge is toothpaste.

That is still on some perp's teeth?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ideologue

Quote from: lustindarkness on August 21, 2013, 08:33:17 AM

I can see that happening, I don't think it will damage your clothes. :unsure:

I wish. :(

The dishwashing gel has bleach in it.  I took out the top layer of clothes that had been directly touched and washed them separately.  Lot of discolored spots on 'em now, particularly my favorite jeans.

A little managed to get on some other clothes, including my Bad Religion and NASA shirt. <_<

"Why am I having to squeeze the bottle?  I never had to squeeze it bef--oh, shit." :frusty:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: merithyn on August 21, 2013, 08:36:16 AM
I use dishwashing gel on my clothes when I get a spot on them. Works beautifully. :)

I have rescued several shirts this way.

MadImmortalMan

Lots of internet outages over the last few days, and stuff is still running badly. Thursday, most of Microsoft's cloud services and web presence went dark. Google went offline for a while Friday and took 40% of the internet with it. Then Amazon and all of Amazon's cloud hosting services went dark for a while Monday. Netflix has been choking like a bitch for a week, and the internet in general has been shitty. Probably tons of the sites hosted on Amazon, Google et al.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

merithyn

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 21, 2013, 12:24:55 PM
Lots of internet outages over the last few days, and stuff is still running badly. Thursday, most of Microsoft's cloud services and web presence went dark. Google went offline for a while Friday and took 40% of the internet with it. Then Amazon and all of Amazon's cloud hosting services went dark for a while Monday. Netflix has been choking like a bitch for a week, and the internet in general has been shitty. Probably tons of the sites hosted on Amazon, Google et al.

Huh. We've had spotty service at home, but I put that down to a shitty wi-fi box.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if the entire internet went down for a week. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

Quote from: merithyn on August 21, 2013, 12:43:21 PM
It would be interesting to see what would happen if the entire internet went down for a week. :)

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

lustindarkness

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 21, 2013, 12:24:55 PM

Could it be the sun spot activity? :unsure:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Jacob

Vancouver Police in Non-Lethal Takedown Drame - Man Takes Beanbag to the Nuts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9srgGiDb4Fs

MadImmortalMan

Oh, btw, do NOT do it the other way around.  :ph34r:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

QuoteWells Fargo Said to Eliminate 2,300 Mortgage Jobs
By Dakin Campbell - Aug 21, 2013

Wells Fargo & Co. (WFC), the biggest U.S. home lender, is cutting 2,300 jobs from its mortgage-production unit because higher interest rates are reducing demand for refinancings, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

Other smaller cuts had been made in the past few weeks around the country, according to the people, who asked not to be identified because the changes haven't been publicly disclosed. The cuts would equal about 20 percent of the 11,406 mortgage loan officers employed by the San Francisco-based company at the end of March, according to a presentation.

Wells Fargo has said mortgage lending will slow for the rest of this year as higher interest rates make refinancing less attractive. Those loans, which made up 70 percent of the mortgage market during the first half, slid to about 50 percent of applications recently and could fall further in the months ahead, according to a staff memo from Franklin Codel, the bank's head of mortgage production.

"We've had to recalibrate our business to meet customers' needs -- and to ensure we're operating as efficiently and effectively as possible," Codel wrote. "Unfortunately, displacements within our team are necessary."

Quarterly mortgage originations will decline to less than $100 billion in the third quarter, forcing the lender to adjust the size of its staff, Chief Financial Officer Timothy J. Sloan said during the company's second-quarter earnings call.

Employees received 60 days notice today and the bank is trying to retain as many as possible by finding them other jobs at the company, :lol: according to Jennifer A. Temple, a spokeswoman for the bank.

Shares of the company slipped 0.5 percent to $42.36 in New York trading, trimming its advance to 24 percent this year compared with the 25 percent gain in the 24-company KBW Bank Index. Wells Fargo was the largest employer among U.S. banks at midyear with about 274,000 people.

Interest rates go up, their KBW Bank Index advance falls 1%, and people lose jobs.  But hey, that doesn't stop CEO John Stumpf's pay from increasing 8 percent to $19.3M last year.

Hope they don't have mortgages with Wells Fargo: all those future foreclosures would necessitate more firings.

Tonitrus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 21, 2013, 05:18:30 PM

Oh, btw, do NOT do it the other way around.  :ph34r:

I am guessing it is sudspectacular?