News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Wow. Since he didn't crash I'd say he has some luck on his side.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Probably mildly annoyed they pulled him back from The Light, and now he has to put up with more Earthly bullshit for a little while longer.

garbon

I thought this email was from Beeb but now it seems like Raz. :(

QuoteSubject: patient councilorstaff manager edmonton alberta

ground floor with xlarge patio split floorplan great for roommates san jose south mapdining service directorsenior services new bedford masee the rest then rent the best c  southfort driveeverything included cohoes mapsocial media marketing made simple courtyard marriott  yonge torontognu carbon high beam wide  ne portlandweeks free westminster mapft  waikiki restaurant wnew  yr lease sfmo nnn waikiki maphabilitation tech kenly nc bedroom nd floor downtown burlingtonlovely golf course view private and peaceful renton mapand new units in downtown's tallest newst high rise downtown sdfurnace  duct cleaning  metrocuddly teddy bear se oklahomamobile home transportinghandyman  licensed glendora and surrounding areaslevel townhome ready now  nd ave n new hope mn map
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: lustindarkness on August 19, 2013, 08:15:09 PM
Last Friday evening, an older overweight gentleman in a brand new F150 passed out in a busy ave/hwy, he drifted from the left lane all the way to the ditch on the right side. Like 5 or 6 cars stopped to help, including an off duty paramedic, 2 of us military, and a real big black dude, we banged on the windows and tried all doors, but no reaction. He started to turn blue, so we broke a window to open the door, turned off the truck, and pulled him out. It took 5 of us to get him out of the ditch and onto the road, even with the big black hulk that was there. He had a weak pulse and snorted by himself a few times. The fire dept paramedics got there in about 3 or 4 minutes, he had an IV and got jump started twice before he was in an ambulance.

People stopped to help, PD and FD just a mile away, hospital about 3 miles away, and I still wonder if he made it. :unsure:  Poor fat bastard.  :(

You really should follow up on this.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

lustindarkness

Quote from: alfred russel on August 19, 2013, 09:53:53 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on August 19, 2013, 08:15:09 PM
Last Friday evening, an older overweight gentleman in a brand new F150 passed out in a busy ave/hwy, he drifted from the left lane all the way to the ditch on the right side. Like 5 or 6 cars stopped to help, including an off duty paramedic, 2 of us military, and a real big black dude, we banged on the windows and tried all doors, but no reaction. He started to turn blue, so we broke a window to open the door, turned off the truck, and pulled him out. It took 5 of us to get him out of the ditch and onto the road, even with the big black hulk that was there. He had a weak pulse and snorted by himself a few times. The fire dept paramedics got there in about 3 or 4 minutes, he had an IV and got jump started twice before he was in an ambulance.

People stopped to help, PD and FD just a mile away, hospital about 3 miles away, and I still wonder if he made it. :unsure:  Poor fat bastard.  :(

You really should follow up on this.

I thought about it, but not feasible.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on August 19, 2013, 05:49:57 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 19, 2013, 05:39:15 PM
My Dad saw a nasty, mange-covered fox Saturday at my sister's place while they were gone.  This goddamned fox didn't budge when he had my sister's other dog with him, it merely sat down and watched them from about 20 feet away.  So Dad figured this fox was either A) sick or B) crazy or C) both, especially with the Barclay the German Shepard around, so he went back home to get his gun, came back but the fox was gone.

Guess what was found dead this AM in my sister's barn, smelling to high heaven?  :x

The correct answer is A: SICK.

I've encountered a couple foxes acting like that.  Figured they were rabid & kept my distance.

I mainly have Coons up to no good around my place. I catch them on a regular basis and they scurry off.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Apparently Time Warner carries CCTV. What a hilarious newscast.

The news girl was hot an thin at least.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Apropos of nothing, I found this Braille advert interesting:

http://meetniclas.com/work/sennheiser
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: mongers on August 20, 2013, 06:09:11 PM

Heh. I like the disclaimer in Braille at the end. I guess the * character is three dots.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

mongers

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 20, 2013, 06:13:48 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 20, 2013, 06:09:11 PM

Heh. I like the disclaimer in Braille at the end. I guess the * character is three dots.

Actually I wasn't being entirely honest, as I found the advert because I was putting on some sennheiser headphones in the dark and tried to feel for the left and right engravings. 

I then notice one the left side there three small dots, quick google and turns out all of their headphones have the three braille like dots on the left. 

I don't know if it's actually braille for something, like 'leftl  or if other manufacturers do something similar too.

Just weird I'd never noticed that over all the years I've owned bought headphones from them. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

I've been running across the briefings (on the Benghazi scandal) on the Pentagon channel recently...

I, for one, support our administration's hiring of hotties as State Department spokeswomen.

Ed Anger

A friend bought a 50 dollar HDMI cable.  :nelson:

I astounded him when I went and got a 2 dollar one from my cable reserve and astounded him with my TECHNO WIZARDRY.

He was PISSED.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 20, 2013, 08:12:19 PM

I astounded him when I went and got a 2 dollar one from my cable reserve and astounded him with my TECHNO WIZARDRY.

He was PISSED.

You should tell him the mark ups on those things are around 85%.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2013, 08:21:08 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 20, 2013, 08:12:19 PM

He was PISSED.

You should tell him the mark ups on those things are around 85%.

He'll love that.  :lol:

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)