And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on August 19, 2013, 06:07:30 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 19, 2013, 06:04:59 PM
We are overrun by Canadian Geese in Southwest Ohio. The fuckers are shit machines. The kids like watching them, but the assholes think they own the place.

Sounds like the Chinese families on "New Student Check In Days" here.

:shudder:  Thanks, I'll have nightmares on that one tonight.

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on August 19, 2013, 06:07:30 PM
We are overrun by Canadian Geese in Southwest Ohio. The fuckers are shit machines. The kids like watching them, but the assholes think they own the place.

Sounds like the Chinese families on "New Student Check In Days" here.

Raciss.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

The bane of every golf course in the Mid Atlantic.  Tough to putt through the mountains of shit.

I played a course one time that let a dog run around to scare off the geese.  Fucker picked up my ball off the green and ran off with it.  :lol:

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 19, 2013, 06:08:24 PM
Sounds like it should be on a billboard someplace:  The Mongers Garden, an avian rest home and hospice.
:lol:

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 19, 2013, 06:10:14 PMI played a course one time that let a dog run around to scare off the geese.  Fucker picked up my ball off the green and ran off with it.  :lol:

... are Canadian geese good eating?

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on August 19, 2013, 05:45:58 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 19, 2013, 05:39:15 PM
My Dad saw a nasty, mange-covered fox Saturday at my sister's place while they were gone.  This goddamned fox didn't budge when he had my sister's other dog with him, it merely sat down and watched them from about 20 feet away.  So Dad figured this fox was either A) sick or B) crazy or C) both, especially with the Barclay the German Shepard around, so he went back home to get his gun, came back but the fox was gone.

Guess what was found dead this AM in my sister's barn, smelling to high heaven?  :x

The correct answer is A: SICK.
This is exactly why you should carry at all times.  You never know when you might run into someone needing medical help.

Would help get our healthcare spending under control.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on August 19, 2013, 06:24:34 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 19, 2013, 06:10:14 PMI played a course one time that let a dog run around to scare off the geese.  Fucker picked up my ball off the green and ran off with it.  :lol:

... are Canadian geese good eating?

Named after Canada - probably not. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 19, 2013, 05:55:42 PM
My yard is mostly squirrels, with the occasional raccoon walking towards the trash can like owns the place.

And skunks.  :glare:

With no garden this year, the rabbit seems to have retreated.

Skunks and geese are about the only things I haven't found on my small wooded lot. 

Just about any type of bird from the region frequents my feeders in the back, particularly cardinals.  Lots of squirrels, lots of deer, several rabbits, oppossums, occasional raccoon, garter snakes, one deader than shit mole, an owl or two, and a turtle.  And at around 9:05 or 9:10pm in the summer a swarm of bats materializes from the woods.

Plus some other weird-ass animals I hear at night but have never seen.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on August 19, 2013, 06:53:09 PM
Plus some other weird-ass animals I hear at night but have never seen.

Chupacabra?

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on August 19, 2013, 06:53:09 PM
Just about any type of bird from the region frequents my feeders in the back, particularly cardinals.  Lots of squirrels, lots of deer, several rabbits, oppossums, occasional raccoon, garter snakes, one deader than shit mole, an owl or two, and a turtle.  And at around 9:05 or 9:10pm in the summer a swarm of bats materializes from the woods.

I didn't grow up in a rural area (I guess sort of wooded here and there) and we had lots of things that would roam around in our housing tract. Rabbits, foxes, squirrels, chipmunks, raccoons, garter snakes, frogs, pheasants and coyotes. There were also a few memorable occasions with sheep and then cows.

mongers

You guys seem to have more 'natural' nature invading your lots, around here despite it being rural, things are more controlled, if I head off into the local New Forest (as in William the Conqueror) all the cute horses, wild cattle and donkeys I see, all actually belong to someone, so it's more like a wildlife/nature theme park than a real national park.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

That's because you're in Europe:  much like your Jews, you've managed to kill off all your wildlife.

CountDeMoney

My brother-in-law wouldn't get the dead fox carcass out of the barn.  My sister had to do it.  He's such a weenie.  Lawyer.

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on August 19, 2013, 07:18:32 PM
You guys seem to have more 'natural' nature invading your lots, around here despite it being rural, things are more controlled, if I head off into the local New Forest (as in William the Conqueror) all the cute horses, wild cattle and donkeys I see, all actually belong to someone, so it's more like a wildlife/nature theme park than a real national park.  :hmm:

That is because you are in southern England. You've crammed 50 or so million people into England, and it wouldn't even qualify as a geographically large state.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

lustindarkness

Last Friday evening, an older overweight gentleman in a brand new F150 passed out in a busy ave/hwy, he drifted from the left lane all the way to the ditch on the right side. Like 5 or 6 cars stopped to help, including an off duty paramedic, 2 of us military, and a real big black dude, we banged on the windows and tried all doors, but no reaction. He started to turn blue, so we broke a window to open the door, turned off the truck, and pulled him out. It took 5 of us to get him out of the ditch and onto the road, even with the big black hulk that was there. He had a weak pulse and snorted by himself a few times. The fire dept paramedics got there in about 3 or 4 minutes, he had an IV and got jump started twice before he was in an ambulance.

People stopped to help, PD and FD just a mile away, hospital about 3 miles away, and I still wonder if he made it. :unsure:  Poor fat bastard.  :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom