The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on August 12, 2013, 05:07:38 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 12, 2013, 01:06:24 PM
Quote from: Tyr on August 12, 2013, 10:52:07 AM
McDonald s breakfast sucks.
When I go to McDonald's I want McDonald's. Not some weird certain time of day other food.
It's like they're telling me I shouldn't be active enough to want McDonald's between 4 and 10.30 <_<

McDonald's breakfast is McDonald's. :secret:

Nyet. It's dark dimension McDonald's at best. It just makes no sense. Why do something different for that small time of day?
Ah first world problems.

Because breakfast food has always been different even at places outside of McD's?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 12, 2013, 05:02:15 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 12, 2013, 03:42:50 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 12, 2013, 11:36:03 AM
The dude from Foreigner is LOU FUCKING GRAMM, you heathen.

Fag.

Don't make me throw my Foreigner 4 cassette at you.
they are playing the state fair next week.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on August 12, 2013, 05:07:38 PM
I have the most annoying blister popping out of my heel. Tempted to go buy a sewing kit so I can cut the bigger off-season as mistaken as that would be. But I'm mean  to have  another week of walking ahead of me :hmm:

Don't cut, puncture.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I get my sister's noodlehead dog again this week, Wednesday through Saturday. 

Forecast:  Dog chews on bully stick, Cat bemusedly watches dog chew on a big dried dick, quietly both mocking and judging.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

CountDeMoney

A pic for you guys from the ol' alma mater;  they have the flags of all the nations ringing the new Liberal Arts building, but I felt this particular placement just screamed Languish.

Ah, ivory towers.

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ideologue

:D

I told you.  IT'S A DASTARDLY DPRK PLOT.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

So I live in a quiet little Canadian suburban cul-de-sac.  And Canada being Canada, the neighbors on both sides are multi-generational south Asian families.

We had a note on our doorstep this morning, saying 'we apologize for the traffic, but our son is getting married.  We have a variety of religious ceremonies this weekend.  You are invited to the marriage ceremony next weekend (no time is indicated).

I'm kind of glad they at least gave us a note.  The engagement party last summer had us knocking on the door telling them to please move vehicles so we could even approach our driveway.  But on the other hand they didn't say anything when our Yukon husky mutt dug under the fence and ran amuck in their yard in the spring.

Multiculturalism is complicated.

I don't know how to take the invite suggested for the following weekend.  They didn't suggest a time or anything.  They are our neighbors, and I do want to be on good terms.  Is it a 'cover your ass' invite that we are not expected to accept?  Would we be offensive if we didn't go over?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

All your questions about dealing with Asian immigrants will be answered by watching Are You Right There, Father Ted? :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Since it's being held in their house and not some wedding hall, I'd go.  Skip the ceremony and hit the party.  Knock on their door and ask for the time.

The part that would drive me nuts is knowing how much to shell out for a present.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on August 13, 2013, 12:04:10 AM
All your questions about dealing with Asian immigrants will be answered by watching Are You Right There, Father Ted? :)

While that was highly amusing (I've heard of Father Ted, but never seen an episode) it did little to assist with my South Asian (i.e. Not Chinese) neighbors.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

I might need to start watching more surfing... (no nudity, but probably NSFW).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt1aV4GFIxY
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Quote from: Liep on August 13, 2013, 04:21:44 AM
I might need to start watching more surfing... (no nudity, but probably NSFW).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt1aV4GFIxY

Nice turd cutter.

I have no idea what 'twerking' is. Young people scare me.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: katmai on August 12, 2013, 05:48:34 PM
they are playing the state fair next week.
I have waited a lifetime and would sail across a stormy sea to see that. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points