And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 13, 2013, 06:22:53 AM
Quote from: Liep on August 13, 2013, 04:21:44 AM
I might need to start watching more surfing... (no nudity, but probably NSFW).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt1aV4GFIxY

Nice turd cutter.

I have no idea what 'twerking' is. Young people scare me.

Youtube "grandmas twerking" :ph34r:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Savonarola

Quote from: Barrister on August 12, 2013, 11:55:17 PM
I don't know how to take the invite suggested for the following weekend.  They didn't suggest a time or anything.  They are our neighbors, and I do want to be on good terms.  Is it a 'cover your ass' invite that we are not expected to accept?  Would we be offensive if we didn't go over?

You should go, Indians go all out on their weddings; one of my aunts married an Indian man.  Her niece, who lives somewhere out in King of the Hill County, Texas got married in a traditional ceremony.  The little town they live shut down streets so the groom could ride in on an elephant.  :alberta:

They might not have given you a time because their weddings are all day (or multi-day) affairs. 
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

Will there be: saag paneer :mmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Savonarola

Quick note, my Uncle is from Goa, different areas in India have vastly different customs.  Even so I think multi-day weddings are common throughout India.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

frunk

Quote from: Savonarola on August 13, 2013, 01:38:20 PM

You should go, Indians go all out on their weddings; one of my aunts married an Indian man.  Her niece, who lives somewhere out in King of the Hill County, Texas got married in a traditional ceremony.  The little town they live shut down streets so the groom could ride in on an elephant.  :alberta:

They might not have given you a time because their weddings are all day (or multi-day) affairs.

I was supposed to give my wife an elephant at our wedding and because I didn't I got my ear twisted.

merithyn

Quote from: frunk on August 13, 2013, 01:42:13 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on August 13, 2013, 01:38:20 PM

I was supposed to give my wife an elephant at our wedding and because I didn't I got my ear twisted.

:lol:

Ed Anger

Quote from: merithyn on August 13, 2013, 01:30:15 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 13, 2013, 06:22:53 AM
Quote from: Liep on August 13, 2013, 04:21:44 AM
I might need to start watching more surfing... (no nudity, but probably NSFW).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt1aV4GFIxY

Nice turd cutter.

I have no idea what 'twerking' is. Young people scare me.

Youtube "grandmas twerking" :ph34r:

I think I'm smarter than that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Yeah, I guess  that's why they didn't give a time, by this weekend they specifically mean this weekend, the whole of it
██████
██████
██████

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 13, 2013, 04:56:26 PM
Angry black guy gives the world's best reaction to Kanye's $120 white tee

I read that out loud to my daughter, who died laughing. She said, "Can I videotape you reading that? That's probably the funniest thing I've ever heard you say."

Ideologue

Next week: Meri loses her job after Youtube video surfaces. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

"White soccer mom reads black angry guy aloud, video sparks nationwide discussion on race"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Jacob

An incarcerated rapper from Louisiana, according to some of the comments.