Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 10, 2013, 11:51:16 AM
Quote from: fahdiz on May 10, 2013, 11:37:03 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 10, 2013, 11:27:32 AM
Oops.  "Sorry guys, our bad" :lol:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/irs-apologizes-targeting-conservative-groups

Hey, it's just another form of profiling. I bet lots of Tea Party folks dodge taxes.

:rolleyes:

QuoteAccording to documents obtained by Teablogging by running a goddamned simple Nexis search on the internets, national Tea Party organizer, Top Conservatives on Twitter cofounder and TCOTReport.com publisher Michael P. Leahy has, over the past 16 years, amassed nearly $150,000 in state and federal tax liens, small claims court judgments and civil suits.

QuoteFor a group that has demanded financial accountability and transparency from the Obama administration, Tea Party Patriots (TPP) has not embraced those principles in its own business affairs. It has been highly secretive about its finances, and the organization's leaders have dealt harshly with activists and employees who've pressed for answers on how donor money has been spent.

Meanwhile, the group has failed to file a timely tax return indicating how much money it has raised and what, generally, it spent it on—including how much it's paying its top staffers. And despite identifying itself for nearly two years as a tax-exempt nonprofit organization, the group has neglected to actually apply to the IRS for such status.

QuoteMay 7 (Reuters) - U.S. Senator Rand Paul introduced a bill late on Tuesday that would repeal parts of a 2010 law designed to fight offshore tax evasion by Americans with assets hidden in foreign banks.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/08/usa-tax-fatca-idUSL2N0DP00X20130508

Don't roll your eyes, derbagger; they're your peeps.  Why pay taxes when you don't believe in them?  Timothy McVeigh didn't. :yeah:

derspiess

Yeah, I figured you'd try to justify it somehow.  Predictable.  If it was all justified, why is the IRS apologizing?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Because the IRS has a public relations image, and they don't need knuckleheads like you flying any planes into their buildings.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 10, 2013, 01:32:46 PM
Because the IRS has a public relations image, and they don't need knuckleheads like you flying any planes into their buildings.

Riiiiight.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

QuoteDuring the 2012 election, many tea party groups applied for tax-exempt status under section 501 (c) (4) of the federal tax code, which grants tax-exempt status to social welfare groups. Unlike other charitable groups, these organizations are allowed to participate in political activities but their primary activity must be social welfare.

Nice try, shitballs.  I wonder how many soup kitchens and food banks they ran.  :lol:

ulmont

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 10, 2013, 02:56:37 PM
QuoteDuring the 2012 election, many tea party groups applied for tax-exempt status under section 501 (c) (4) of the federal tax code, which grants tax-exempt status to social welfare groups. Unlike other charitable groups, these organizations are allowed to participate in political activities but their primary activity must be social welfare.

Nice try, shitballs.  I wonder how many soup kitchens and food banks they ran.  :lol:

It's very common for 501(c)(4)s to be essentially the political arm of a 501(c)(3).

CountDeMoney

Quote from: ulmont on May 10, 2013, 02:59:24 PM
It's very common for 501(c)(4)s to be essentially the political arm of a 501(c)(3).

And I'm sure the IRS did its part with its due diligence.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 10, 2013, 03:04:08 PM
Quote from: ulmont on May 10, 2013, 02:59:24 PM

And I'm sure the IRS did its part with its due diligence.

:lol:

Admiral Yi

Heard on NPR last night what the most popular names for newborns is in the US.

Anyone wanna guess what's #1 for guys?

Noah made the top 5. :unsure:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

It's probably one of those Braden/Aiden names. That shit is epidemic.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Too many variant spellings to make #1 I suspect.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Jacob

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on May 10, 2013, 06:06:06 PM
It's been popular for a while.

They mentioned it has been #1 14 years running.  That really surprised me.