News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on May 09, 2013, 07:50:46 AM
All I'm saying is that your Debbie Downer, bleak B'more outlook doesn't hold for everyone.  If someone just read your posts, one would wonder why America hasn't succumbed to mass riots.

I've wondered that many times.  I credit it almost entirely with a lack of sufficient privately held armaments and the existence of food stamps.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 09, 2013, 10:14:31 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 09, 2013, 10:00:37 PM
Yeah, I don't have much choice in the matter.  I'm neither wealthy or live in a big city.  I see a doctor through a place called "Pathways" which accepts Medicaid.  The previous doctor I had was Pakistani and I could barely understand him.  Still, he I could talk to him face to face rather then talk through a video screen.

We need to trustbust the AMA, double the number of medical schools in the country and stop requiring eight years of postgraduate education just to treat a broken arm.

As someone who'd like to see the AMA become the fucking joke that the ABA is out of pure spite, I'll sign that petition.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on May 10, 2013, 09:21:22 PM
Fucking Teach, you fail.

Bite me, you filthy lazy Mexirican. :blurgh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

It is Dirty lazy Mexican, get it straight!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

No way, dude. I'm going to flog "Mexirican" until its skin is stripped off the bone.  :P

katmai

Eddie Teach

No idea what that means.

katmai

Eddie Teach

Is it a dig at my mullet due to hair loss or my walrus moustache?

katmai

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 11, 2013, 12:58:59 AM
Is it a dig at my mullet due to hair loss or my walrus moustache?

Neither.

katmai

Suck it Cat People!

QuoteThe American Heart Association (AHA) has declared that pets, especially dogs, are good for a person's heart. Further proof that dogs are among the best friends a person could have.

Dr. Glenn N. Levine, director of Baylor University's cardiac care unit, was quoted in a press release from the AHA saying, "Pet ownership, particularly dog ownership, is probably associated with a decreased risk of heart disease."

The AHA writes that owning a dog "may help reduce cardiovascular risk," perhaps due to dogs bugging their owners into taking them for walks on a regular basis. Dog owners were, according to the AHA's studies, 54 percent more likely than non-dog owners to get the suggested amount of exercise.

And the benefits don't stop there. The AHA writes that owning a pet in general "may be associated with lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels" as well as a lower rate of obesity. Pets can also help a person cope with stressful situations

Eddie Teach

katmai

MadBurgerMaker

Dogs smell like dog.  Unacceptable.

katmai