And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 09, 2013, 09:22:53 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 09, 2013, 09:20:28 PM
As long as they limit visits to the pediatrician as well.

NO WAY! MAH BABY GONNA GIT ALL DA HEALFCARE

Only if they toss yours in, too.  Should have to roll the dice as much as the poor darkie babies.

Razgovory

Quote from: fahdiz on May 09, 2013, 11:21:18 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 09, 2013, 09:56:08 AM
I really hate my doctor.  Every time I see her, she gives totally different advice.  Often she gets my name wrong, and never has the correct medications listed.

You're the customer.

Find a better doctor.

Yeah, I don't have much choice in the matter.  I'm neither wealthy or live in a big city.  I see a doctor through a place called "Pathways" which accepts Medicaid.  The previous doctor I had was Pakistani and I could barely understand him.  Still, he I could talk to him face to face rather then talk through a video screen.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on May 09, 2013, 10:00:37 PM
Yeah, I don't have much choice in the matter.  I'm neither wealthy or live in a big city.  I see a doctor through a place called "Pathways" which accepts Medicaid.  The previous doctor I had was Pakistani and I could barely understand him.  Still, he I could talk to him face to face rather then talk through a video screen.

We need to trustbust the AMA, double the number of medical schools in the country and stop requiring eight years of postgraduate education just to treat a broken arm.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Jacob

Razgovory

Yi's the big Paul Ryan guy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Spicey's the big beer guy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

So I had a shitload of Rewards points to burn from the Credit Union, so I went on a splurge to use them all up before May 31st.

Got me:
A Samsung 16MP digital camera, Wi-Fi capable;
A rice cooker/steamer;
An electronic label maker;
An emergency radio/light station with a hand crank for USB power charging;
A Norelco grooming kit for my new Marxist facial hair;
and a couple of nice Cross pens.

My Dad used his up on airline coupons for their flight to their Alaskan cruise this fall, and my mom used hers all up on enough movie tickets to last until the Rapture, so she'll probably leave some in her will for me.

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on May 09, 2013, 10:41:53 PM
This surely must lower derSpiess' opinion of Paul Ryan by at least 1 point: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/05/paul-ryan-forced-to-drink-non-terrible-beer.html

I generally assume most politicians on my side lack my taste and sophistication when it comes to things like beer and music.

John Kasich, on the other hand, is da man when it comes to beer.  Here he is at my favorite local brewery, Mt. Carmel: www.youtube.com/watch?v=xekvgwBvp6o‎
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

fhdz

Quote from: derspiess on May 10, 2013, 11:27:32 AM
Oops.  "Sorry guys, our bad" :lol:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/irs-apologizes-targeting-conservative-groups

Hey, it's just another form of profiling. I bet lots of Tea Party folks dodge taxes.
and the horse you rode in on

derspiess

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

derspiess