"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Josquius

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 15, 2013, 03:04:00 PM
Here's those obesity maps animated.

Really want to know if this is just down to obesity being redefined.
██████
██████
██████

sbr

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 15, 2013, 06:24:30 PM
Extension: Filed.

:P

I waited until literally the last minute because I thought I was going to have to pay, then when I used Turbo Tax's estimator it said I would be getting $2K back.  I had to file the extension anyway because I didn't have time to do them but I am in a hurry to do it now.  :Embarrass:

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: Liep on April 15, 2013, 11:04:35 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2013, 10:54:37 AM
Quote from: Liep on April 15, 2013, 10:30:23 AM
Teacher lockout entering 3rd week. New poll shows that basically all teachers have gone from voting for the center-left coalition government to supporting the extreme left, and 10% the extreme right.

What parties are the extreme right & left?

Danish Peoples Party (wants to appear social democratic, but hates Muslims, uncivilized people such as the New Zealanders and young people)).

You came really close to selling me. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Liep on April 15, 2013, 12:16:03 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2013, 12:00:37 PM
Quote from: Liep on April 15, 2013, 11:04:35 AM
Danish Peoples Party (wants to appear social democratic, but hates Muslims, uncivilized people such as the New Zealanders and young people) & and the Unity List (communists, but doesn't want to talk about revolution, aloud).

They don't sound *that* extreme.  At least when compared to other places.

Perhaps not, but Danes aren't usually extreme at anything.

Your top marginal rate is pretty extreme.  I read an article about how rich people are monsters and traitors to the American Way in the NYT today when I was supposed to be getting exploited for my labor, and one of the comparators was your country, and it turns out Kongeriget Danmark's top rate of 60% (!) starts at like US$54k.  Even I'm not sure that's not too far.  Maybe your commies don't appear revolutionary because the revolution already happened.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Quote from: fahdiz on April 15, 2013, 07:02:46 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 15, 2013, 06:24:30 PM
Extension: Filed.

:P

I completed mine today and e-filed.
:yeah:  Took me half an hour.  I wonder how long the audit will take?  :hmm:

Ideologue

Got my vegan wingtips.  I'm wearing 'em, they're pointier than I thought, but they look alright and feel great.  But, I noticed, of course, the stickers on the bottom of the soles--reading, naturally "made in China."  Some days, I guess, you just can't not harm the world you live in. :(
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 15, 2013, 03:04:00 PM
Here's those obesity maps animated.

Note SC's slide into poop brown.  If you want a vision of the future, imagine the only thin woman left in the state moving to California forever.
Kinemalogue