News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Seems Ide should be moving to Colorado.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on April 15, 2013, 10:30:33 PM
Got my vegan wingtips.  I'm wearing 'em, they're pointier than I thought, but they look alright and feel great.  But, I noticed, of course, the stickers on the bottom of the soles--reading, naturally "made in China."  Some days, I guess, you just can't not harm the world you live in. :(

I'm guessing they didn't bother with the "No animal was harmed in the production of this" stickers ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 15, 2013, 10:35:43 PM
Seems Ide should be moving to Colorado.

Yeah, I was looking a bit more closely at the nation as a whole--they really held out till the end of history got to them, didn't they?  Only a moderate obesity epidemic and Paul Campos,* good show.

*Ironically, one of the about ten or fewer good law professors in this country is also a fat enabler of the highest order, and it's in fat enabling that he first made his name on the national stage, in The Obesity Myth.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: mongers on April 15, 2013, 10:36:18 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 15, 2013, 10:30:33 PM
Got my vegan wingtips.  I'm wearing 'em, they're pointier than I thought, but they look alright and feel great.  But, I noticed, of course, the stickers on the bottom of the soles--reading, naturally "made in China."  Some days, I guess, you just can't not harm the world you live in. :(

I'm guessing they didn't bother with the "No animal was harmed in the production of this" stickers ?

Turns out shoes have souls.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

There is thunder outside, and I'm afraid there might be thunder lizards. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on April 16, 2013, 12:29:12 AM

Ideologue

I momentarily read that as Hunter. :(  FUCK YOU TOO TEACH.
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

Maybe you should stop frightening Raz. Poor guy's nerves are frazzled enough.

Tamas

sooo....

What's with you Americans doing two things regularly each year:
a) point out / complain about how the 1% is not paying enough taxes
b) giggle about your tax returns
?

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on April 16, 2013, 01:57:23 AM
sooo....

What's with you Americans doing two things regularly each year:
a) point out / complain about how the 1% is not paying enough taxes
b) giggle about your tax returns
?

I'm not seeing the connection between laughing and taxes.  Spell it out to me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Tamas

be happy about tax returns

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 16, 2013, 01:35:59 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 16, 2013, 12:29:12 AM

Marky Mark is starting to let himself go.

Lettow77

Bob Ross and especially Mr. Rogers are national treasures. When I feel low their existence makes me feel better; it is not hard to conceive of them as real friends, and the way their sincere friendliness reaches out across time and miles is amazing. I owe them a great gratitude, and would love if I could be more like an amalgamation of both of them.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Brazen

Apparently Steven Soderbergh had to take his docupic about Liberace, "Behind the Candelabra", starring Michael Douglas and Matt Damon, to HBO because Hollywood studios believed it was "too gay".  :lol:

Razgovory