The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

It looks like a nice friendly doggy.

Phillip V

It looks like your mom.

mongers

A Lamborghini Miura caught fire near Acton in West London with the owner having to watch helplessly as his £1 million car went up in smoke
Picture: Save The Rich / YouTube

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Phillip V

Start a charity fund to help the unfortunate owner.

mongers

Quote from: Phillip V on April 13, 2013, 05:59:37 PM
Start a charity fund to help the unfortunate owner.

Or build him one of these instead:

:P

Josephus

Surely he's got insurance.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: garbon on April 13, 2013, 02:04:03 PM

:lol:  This, I like; a nice counterpoint to all the po-faced gay marriage seriousness that abounds.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Today I went to a big pet shop nearby which for some reason I've never been to.
It was...horrific.
Outside the doorway to the place you have some cages packed with baby chickens, ducks and quails. Rather bizzare from the get go.
Inside there's an owl sitting on a log. I wasn't sure it was real at first, its not in a cage its just there...shouting.
Further in there's a monkey. A real monkey, in a horrible little cage. And just above him also in a tiny cage is an owl.
Snakes are kept in little tuppaware boxes that they just about fit in, a turtle is in a tank with no land, and dogs are kept in small enclosures seperate from each other.
Turtles are seemingly sold by the kilo, there are some scary looking gigantic monster fish in little tanks that I can't imagine anyone ever having any use for beyond eating, and...ugh.

Japan. I love you for a lot of reasons. But you really need to sort out your attitude to animals.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

You sure it was a pet shop, not a delicatessen?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

So Warszaw is alright. What was up with that right wing demostration last night though? A weaker showing than what I expected from Poland. There were more police than nutjobs.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

mongers

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 14, 2013, 05:26:44 AM
Quote from: mongers on April 13, 2013, 06:13:10 PM
Or build him one of these instead:
:P

Flat tire.

No, I'm thinking incorporating 100+ kilograms of steel is the design flaw responsible.   :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on April 14, 2013, 01:35:40 AM
Japan. I love you for a lot of reasons. But you really need to sort out your attitude to animals dinner.