News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Went to the Poteet Strawberry Festival yesterday near town. Nothing quite like wandering a Texas fairground with a gordita in one hand and a turkey leg in the other.  :cool:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Commemoration of the Katyn massacre. It ended in heated debate between photographers over who should get the best position.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Razgovory

My foot has fallen asleep.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

No.  He's also asleep.  While at the gas station a woman asked me for a light then asked when the gas station closed.  I took down her license plate.

Admiral Yi

Maybe you should put it back up.

Razgovory

Liep

Teacher lockout entering 3rd week. New poll shows that basically all teachers have gone from voting for the center-left coalition government to supporting the extreme left, and 10% the extreme right.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on April 15, 2013, 10:30:23 AM
Teacher lockout entering 3rd week. New poll shows that basically all teachers have gone from voting for the center-left coalition government to supporting the extreme left, and 10% the extreme right.

What parties are the extreme right & left?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: Liep on April 14, 2013, 02:40:33 PM
Commemoration of the Katyn massacre. It ended in heated debate between photographers over who should get the best position.

Was there a reenactment?

Liep

Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2013, 10:54:37 AM
Quote from: Liep on April 15, 2013, 10:30:23 AM

What parties are the extreme right & left?

Danish Peoples Party (wants to appear social democratic, but hates Muslims, uncivilized people such as the New Zealanders and young people) & and the Unity List (communists, but doesn't want to talk about revolution, aloud).

Liep

Quote from: DGuller on April 15, 2013, 11:00:50 AM
Was there a reenactment?

20 rows of Polish officers were bound and marched towards a memorial statue, then they covered the Poles in that black banner and fired some shots. I asked a man standing with a Polish flag about it but he was more interested in telling me about his cycling trip on Bornholm.

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on April 15, 2013, 11:04:35 AM
Danish Peoples Party (wants to appear social democratic, but hates Muslims, uncivilized people such as the New Zealanders and young people) & and the Unity List (communists, but doesn't want to talk about revolution, aloud).

They don't sound *that* extreme.  At least when compared to other places.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2013, 12:00:37 PM
Quote from: Liep on April 15, 2013, 11:04:35 AM

They don't sound *that* extreme.  At least when compared to other places.

Perhaps not, but Danes aren't usually extreme at anything. I would say that a shift from 80% of all teachers voting for the government to 3% is extreme, though. The conflict is mostly between the teachers and the municipalities, not the government.