News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 10, 2013, 07:25:05 PM
I've only just gotten the grade today- it was a 93, although I had to contest for points when the professor had the temerity to question some of my stronger anti-northern invective and other goodies from the propaganda mill.

Ungrateful little shit.  Take your A and move on.
Goddamn, no wonder teaching sucks ass these days.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 10, 2013, 07:43:32 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on April 10, 2013, 07:25:05 PM
I've only just gotten the grade today- it was a 93, although I had to contest for points when the professor had the temerity to question some of my stronger anti-northern invective and other goodies from the propaganda mill.

Ungrateful little shit.  Take your A and move on.
Goddamn, no wonder teaching sucks ass these days.

Wait until the helicopter parents fly in. For their college age kid.

ITS SO FUN.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 10, 2013, 07:43:05 PM
I seriously doubt they were as well written, Ide. :)

I'd give at least one Obamabuck for your impervious self-esteem.

You write okay, but when I notice unnecessary verbiage, there is clearly some kinks that need to be worked out.  Also, my impression is that your scholarship blows due to your biases, erupting upon the page as they do into total apologiae, if not straight-up Civil War fan fiction; this also means your education blows, because you're not having your biases beaten out of you.

But blow or not, it doesn't matter, because you're getting a stupid degree.  Go nuts and have fun, kid.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

HVC

School sucks. I'm too old for this shit. I'm also a master procrastinator.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Fuck, I could really go for some M&Ms right now.  Real ones, not the peanut ones.  That's simple heresy.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on April 10, 2013, 08:13:37 PM

I've enjoyed the underdressed girls from my podium this last week.

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 10, 2013, 08:22:27 PM

online. Can't eve oogle co-eds.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on April 10, 2013, 08:23:21 PM

Take the class roster. Look them up on Facebook.  :homestar:

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 10, 2013, 08:24:11 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 10, 2013, 08:23:21 PM

Take the class roster. Look them up on Facebook.  :homestar:
:D

"hey baby, mind if I put my debit in your ledger ;)"

Ed Anger

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on April 10, 2013, 07:58:17 PM
You write okay, but when I notice unnecessary verbiage, there is clearly some kinks that need to be worked out.  Also, my impression is that your scholarship blows due to your biases, erupting upon the page as they do into total apologiae, if not straight-up Civil War fan fiction; this also means your education blows, because you're not having your biases beaten out of you.
He's not a serious scholar though.  He doesn't really care about his scholarship.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

QuoteDog tied to railroad tracks saved by eagle-eyed engineer

An elderly man who wanted to get rid of his dog tied the pooch to the train tracks, but his dastardly plan was foiled by an eagle-eyed engineer, according to authorities.

The railroad operator hit the emergency brakes and the 10-month-old poodle terrier mix -- nicknamed Banjo by animal-control officials in Riverside County, Calif. -- was saved.

His owner was detained but will not be charged with a crime because he may have dementia, officials said. He told investigators he didn't want the dog but didn't know what to do with him.

"It's probably one of the worst things I've seen," Union Pacific Special Agent Sal Pina, who untied the animal from the tracks after the close call on April 2, said in a statement released Tuesday.

"I've never seen something like this," said Pina, who owns the same breed of dog.

Riverside officials said the dog was healthy and friendly. Although he made several TV appearances, he's no publicity hound; a vet tech takes him home every night to work on his timid temperment, officials said.

Hundreds of adoption offers from across the country poured in and officials said they expect Banjo -- named after old traffic signals found on some rail lines -- will have a new home by Monday.

It's obvious he used his Jedi mind tricks to force the engineer to apply the brakes.

Razgovory

I hope that when you were cop you beat kids who did that kind of thing with those giant aluminum flashlights.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

I caught two little shits attempting to hang a cat by its neck over a chain link fence with a rope once; walked one of the little bastards to his house so he could explain what he did to his mother.
Moms filed a discourtesy report on me.