News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Paint 'em like Marshall. Then step on the figures.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

God I remember one figure would ALWAYS run wide then turn up and head to the endzone.  I am old enough that he was always OJ.

I figure that little plastic guy is doing some little plastic goldman in prison now.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Here ya go, 11B.

QuoteA Washington County man digging a hole to plant a tree in his backyard unearthed a 3-inch Civil War-era round Thursday, the Office of the State Fire Marshal said.

The round, which had never been fired, was identified as a 3-inch Federal Navy Schenkl, with its fusing mechanism still intact.

Fire Marshal officials said J.D. Taylor, of the 17000 block of Powell Road in Sharpsburg, found the round and turned it over to authorities. The round was safely disposed of, the fire marshal's office said.

The office says finding unexploded military rounds is not uncommon in Maryland.

Or any other rounds in Maryland, for that matter.

Jaron

After an insane few weeks spending cash like it was going out of style, I'm down to 1.00 in my bank account. :P

DIRECT DEPOSIT - DO YOUR THING!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on April 11, 2013, 11:57:55 PM
After an insane few weeks spending cash like it was going out of style, I'm down to 1.00 in my bank account. :P

DIRECT DEPOSIT - DO YOUR THING!

:secret: Cash is still in style.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Phillip V

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2013, 10:23:04 PM
Here ya go, 11B.

QuoteA Washington County man digging a hole to plant a tree in his backyard unearthed a 3-inch Civil War-era round Thursday, the Office of the State Fire Marshal said.

The round, which had never been fired, was identified as a 3-inch Federal Navy Schenkl, with its fusing mechanism still intact.

Fire Marshal officials said J.D. Taylor, of the 17000 block of Powell Road in Sharpsburg, found the round and turned it over to authorities. The round was safely disposed of, the fire marshal's office said.

The office says finding unexploded military rounds is not uncommon in Maryland.

Or any other rounds in Maryland, for that matter.

Antietam is a huge battlefield. I walked it in the Maryland August heat and humidity for hours. It was both great and also torture.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Phillip V

Hopefully there is never again war on American soil.

Razgovory

Quote from: Phillip V on April 12, 2013, 03:23:19 AM

I dunno, I think we should kick Texas' ass every 50 years or so to remind them of their place in the world.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Phillip V

Quote from: Razgovory on April 12, 2013, 05:44:54 AM

I dunno, I think we should kick Texas' ass every 50 years or so to remind them of their place in the world.
You can be front-line infantry.

I will remotely fly the drones.

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on April 12, 2013, 12:39:59 AM

Classy.  Why use capital punishment when you can torture someone their entire life?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Phillip V on April 12, 2013, 06:17:34 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 12, 2013, 05:44:54 AM

You can be front-line infantry.

I will remotely fly the drones.

Can't.  Government says I'm crazy.  Won't let me handle a rifle.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Freddie Mercury and Brian May rehearsing a Hungarian folk song before their Budapest concert in 1986:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=507732035955174