News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Attila was a psychedelic metal band. Anyone recognize the musician on the right?

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Syt

Actually, he bears a striking resemblance to Leopold I.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2013, 09:57:33 AM
Actually, he bears a striking resemblance to Leopold I.

:lol:

I was gonna say "a young Louis XIV" myself.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

That young lad with the pretensions to be gladiator/Habsburg Emperor is, in fact, Billy Joel.

Still, the similarity to Leopold is all kinds of scary. :lol:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

The Larch

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 14, 2013, 10:31:33 AM
:blink: Seriously??

He's joking, I'd guess B.J. background is going to be blues rock etc. Not some crummy Eurorock outfit.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Larch

Quote from: mongers on March 14, 2013, 10:49:16 AM

He's joking, I'd guess B.J. background is going to be blues rock etc. Not some crummy Eurorock outfit.

Nope, he played trippy psichodelic rock in the late 60s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScIWg0iOxUw

Syt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attila_(rock_band)

QuoteThey released only one album, Attila, in 1970. Attila is often selected by critics and other music journalists as one of the worst rock albums of all time.[1] Joel himself has gone on record as describing the album as "psychedelic bullshit".[1]
QuoteEnd of the sixties, I was in a two-man group. We were heavy metal, we were going to destroy the world with amplification, we had titles like 'Godzilla', 'March of the Huns', 'Brain Invasion'. A lot of people think I just came out of the piano bar... I did a lot of heavy metal for a while. We had about a dozen gigs and nobody could stay in the room when we were playing. It was too loud. We drove people literally out of clubs. 'It was great, but we can't stay in the club'
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

There goes Tokyo, go go Godzilla! :punk:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2013, 10:56:28 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attila_(rock_band)

QuoteThey released only one album, Attila, in 1970. Attila is often selected by critics and other music journalists as one of the worst rock albums of all time.[1] Joel himself has gone on record as describing the album as "psychedelic bullshit".[1]
QuoteEnd of the sixties, I was in a two-man group. We were heavy metal, we were going to destroy the world with amplification, we had titles like 'Godzilla', 'March of the Huns', 'Brain Invasion'. A lot of people think I just came out of the piano bar... I did a lot of heavy metal for a while. We had about a dozen gigs and nobody could stay in the room when we were playing. It was too loud. We drove people literally out of clubs. 'It was great, but we can't stay in the club'

I wonder if he's ever surprised his fans with a rendition of "Brain Invasion" at a concert.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2013, 09:54:55 AM
Attila was a psychedelic metal band. Anyone recognize the musician on the right?

That's awesome. :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

Well I'll be.  That's some trivia I never knew.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.