News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on February 24, 2013, 11:23:24 AM
Police picked up a 33 year old Pole in a small shopping mall. An employee had noticed that the guy was moving around aimlessly and had blood on his face and his clothes. The guy said he was fine and that he was waiting for the bus. Police brought him to a hospital where the doctors found that his penis and balls had been cut off cleanly.

Police found the "missing bits", plus razor blades in a public toilet next to the mall. At this time it's not clear whether the Pole was the victim of a crime or inflicted the damage himself. The guy claims he doesn't remember anything.

It's been a while since we had a weird crime case in Vienna.
:x  Could've waited a little more for a less disgusting weird crime.

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on February 24, 2013, 12:42:33 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 24, 2013, 11:23:24 AM
Police picked up a 33 year old Pole in a small shopping mall. An employee had noticed that the guy was moving around aimlessly and had blood on his face and his clothes. The guy said he was fine and that he was waiting for the bus. Police brought him to a hospital where the doctors found that his penis and balls had been cut off cleanly.

Police found the "missing bits", plus razor blades in a public toilet next to the mall. At this time it's not clear whether the Pole was the victim of a crime or inflicted the damage himself. The guy claims he doesn't remember anything.

It's been a while since we had a weird crime case in Vienna.

:x  Could've waited a little more for a less disgusting weird crime.

This is Austria. Disgustingly wierd sex-related crimes are their specialty.  :D

I'm just surprised no one was found chowing down on those tid-bits.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

QuoteAll the time. As well as books, documentaries, films. I'm an addict. I even want to visit Europe now and explore a castle.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

Army Reserve has revoked last year's promotion of Paula Broadwell to Lieutenant Colonel (O-5).

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/20/first-on-cnn-paula-broadwell-military-promotion-revoked/

garbon

There is some construction being done right outside my apt window. This morning I thought how it'd be much better if they came back in summer. Construction workers in parkas have no appeal.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Jury Duty today.  Jesus Christ, how could you make this any more fucking boring?

...oh, right.  They only got through 20 / 60 individual voir dire questionings, so I have to go back tomorrow morning.  Whee.

garbon

Quote from: ulmont on February 25, 2013, 06:35:32 PM
Jury Duty today.  Jesus Christ, how could you make this any more fucking boring?

...oh, right.  They only got through 20 / 60 individual voir dire questionings, so I have to go back tomorrow morning.  Whee.

Well for one, you could instead be a juror who just sits and waits all day long.

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on February 25, 2013, 06:36:50 PM

Well for one, you could instead be a juror who just sits and waits all day long.

...I was that juror?  I got to hold up a card about 10 times over the course of the day.  The rest was just sitting and waiting.

Eddie Teach

I thought lawyers were exempt?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 25, 2013, 06:53:39 PM
Yeah, I had the same thought.  Though may be they only get to be exempted once they go through voir dire.

ulmont

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 25, 2013, 06:53:39 PM

No one is exempt unless they meet pretty clearly defined criteria:

Admiral Yi

Fascinating.  Another myth dispelled.

garbon

Quote from: ulmont on February 25, 2013, 06:39:11 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 25, 2013, 06:36:50 PM

...I was that juror?  I got to hold up a card about 10 times over the course of the day.  The rest was just sitting and waiting.

Oh gotcha. Misunderstood. :)

That said my last NY jury duty was 2 days and not once did they call for any jurors for voir dire.

Neil

Jury duty seems really common down there.  I've never known a Canadian who did jury duty.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.