News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

It's funny, I've been informed greatly of what conservatives think by people on this board.  You included.  I would never heard of Breitbart until you posted some links to his site.  So I read his stuff and what conservatives there were writing.  Eye opening stuff.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on January 16, 2013, 05:34:03 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 16, 2013, 05:23:41 PM
The GOP. 

:rolleyes:

I actually did sort of "grow up" a Republican but politics didn't get discussed a whole lot around the house.  I usually had to drag it out of my parents-- I was always very inquisitive about that kind of thing.  I favored the big government style of conservatism until some point in college, after a couple pol sci classes.  And contrary to what you might think I've been capable of independent political thought since then.

My family was confusing. My mother was Republican but my father was Dem. I also thought all of my wider family was Dem which included my mother getting teased all the time by my great grandfather. Later it turned out that her sister, brother and brother-in-law were Republicans as well but had hid it so as not to be teased. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

If Breitbart's eyes open, that means the Zombiepocalypse is nigh.  :ph34r:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on January 16, 2013, 05:34:03 PMAnd contrary to what you might think I've been capable of independent political thought since then.

We're all looking forward to you displaying that for the first time here on languish :hug:

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 16, 2013, 05:37:31 PM
I would never heard of Breitbart until you posted some links to his site. 

So you've told me.  Again and again.  And again.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on January 16, 2013, 05:39:49 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 16, 2013, 05:34:03 PMAnd contrary to what you might think I've been capable of independent political thought since then.

We're all looking forward to you displaying that for the first time here on languish :hug:

Well I'm not part of the echo chamber here, am I?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on January 16, 2013, 05:34:03 PM
And contrary to what you might think I've been capable of independent political thought since then.
:hmm:  Any plans to start making of use of that capability?

DGuller

:mad:

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 16, 2013, 11:45:27 AM
Timmy found the portrait site. Sigh.
:lol:

For a minute, I thought that it was the character he played in Dune.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on January 16, 2013, 05:52:57 PM

:mad:

Jeeze, Guller, aren't you capable of coming up with your own quips?  :rolleyes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

We need to close the interior design gap.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

Which usually means the women on the traditionally male courses get all sorts of advantages when it comes to getting in and finding a job <_<
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on January 16, 2013, 06:47:54 PM
Which usually means the women on the traditionally male courses get all sorts of advantages when it comes to getting in and finding a job <_<

:rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: Tyr on January 16, 2013, 06:47:54 PMWhich usually means the women on the traditionally male courses get all sorts of advantages when it comes to getting in and finding a job <_<

What? Are you having a hard time finding a job with your construction management, electrical/aerospace/mechanical/civil engineering, physics, and/or comp. sci degree?

Josquius

Comp science yeah actually :p

Though my knowing this is seperate to that.
██████
██████
██████