And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on January 15, 2013, 08:28:04 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2013, 08:25:40 PM
Regardless of the color, meat should always be able to pass the smell test.
If it's bad, you'll know it.
Thank you.  And it seems like sprinkling tenderizer and pepper on the steak solved the problem, I can't see the greenness on it anymore.

Well painting it with a thick coat of yellow hammerite would have achieved the same thing, so I don't think camouflage is the best solution; what Money said.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jaron

A lot of Mormon teenagers also use the "but baby, I'm going on a mission for two years next week and you might not be available when I get back. This could be our only chance." line. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 15, 2013, 08:29:59 PM
No beards.  :(

Had to go with that, they divvied out tenets with the Taliban, who got the mandatory beards.  :cool:

DGuller

CountDeMoney

So my niece is studying the American Revolution, and learned about the "Shot Heard 'Round The World".

"But we don't know who shot it.  Somebody could've sneezed and and shot it by accident, and look where we are now."

DGuller

Ultimately, I decided to go with a time-tested saying when it comes to food of questionable edibleness:  "when in doubt, drink some vodka with it".  We shall see how well it serves me.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on January 15, 2013, 08:58:31 PM
Ultimately, I decided to go with a time-tested saying when it comes to food of questionable edibleness:  "when in doubt, drink some vodka with it".  We shall see how well it serves me.

Resist your dumbass inner Russian.  This not a country prone to famine.  You don't need to eat every piece of meat you see.  You can throw it out.  Christ, just buy a new steak.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on January 15, 2013, 09:00:24 PM
Quote from: DGuller on January 15, 2013, 08:58:31 PM

Resist your dumbass inner Russian.  This not a country prone to famine.  You don't need to eat every piece of meat you see.  You can throw it out.  Christ, just buy a new steak.
The steak has already been eaten.

CountDeMoney

I for one applaud DG's commitment to sustainable agriculture, and eating what he's bought.

At least that steer didn't die for nothing.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Dguller is the guy who will found dead lying next to a well stocked liquor cabinet with a belly full Sterno.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

Quote from: Jaron on January 15, 2013, 08:28:33 PM
BYU has some interesting standards. A nice excerpt from the honor code:

Women

Clothing is immodest when it is sleeveless, does not cover the stomach
or is low-cut in the front or back. Dresses and skirts should be
knee-length or longer (even with leggings worn). No capris may be
worn on campus. Women may wear one pair of earrings.

Men

Sideburns should not extend below the earlobe or onto the cheek.
Men are expected to be clean shaven, moustaches, if worn, should be
neatly trimmed and may not extend beyond or below the corners of
the mouth. Beards are not appropriate.

Those sideburn/facial hair standards pretty much match military regulations.

mongers

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 15, 2013, 09:22:21 PM
Quote from: Jaron on January 15, 2013, 08:28:33 PM
BYU has some interesting standards. A nice excerpt from the honor code:

Women

Clothing is immodest when it is sleeveless, does not cover the stomach
or is low-cut in the front or back. Dresses and skirts should be
knee-length or longer (even with leggings worn). No capris may be
worn on campus. Women may wear one pair of earrings.

Men

Sideburns should not extend below the earlobe or onto the cheek.
Men are expected to be clean shaven, moustaches, if worn, should be
neatly trimmed and may not extend beyond or below the corners of
the mouth. Beards are not appropriate.

Those sideburn/facial hair standards pretty much match military regulations.

But which is the more logical ?

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on January 15, 2013, 09:15:45 PM
Dguller is the guy who will found dead lying next to a well stocked liquor cabinet with a belly full Sterno.
We shall see.  :hmm:  As of now, I'm not dead, in case anyone's curious.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on January 15, 2013, 09:25:18 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 15, 2013, 09:15:45 PM
We shall see.  :hmm:  As of now, I'm not dead, in case anyone's curious.

So if you stop posting we should assume the worse ? :unsure: