News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Also cumulative confidence in economic prosperity in those years ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on January 08, 2013, 04:48:35 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 08, 2013, 04:46:38 PM
Burn in hell, overpopulators.
:blurgh:
Aren't you breeding at replacement level?  And aren't you white?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Habbaku

The Yankee race will soon disappear from this Earth.   :(
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

They probably just all moved to Florida.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Interesting that even internally America follows general world patterns with the developed states not breeding so much and the developing states going at it like rabbits.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Texas has one of the best economies in the US, once again you don't know what you are talking about.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

By Jos' beliefs, Mississippi, West Virginia, Louisiana and Alabama should be growing like crazy.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

MadImmortalMan

Maybe not. Huntsville AL is the most educated city in America, remember?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 08, 2013, 04:33:18 PM
Damn, LDS putting up some big numbers.

Probably, but I think the map mostly indicates that a lot of younger people are moving into those states.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 08, 2013, 07:56:08 PM

Probably, but I think the map mostly indicates that a lot of younger people are moving into those states.

By themselves?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 08, 2013, 06:58:17 PM
Texas has one of the best economies in the US, once again you don't know what you are talking about.
psst, wasn't quite being 100% serious.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on January 08, 2013, 08:21:56 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 08, 2013, 06:58:17 PM
psst, wasn't quite being 100% serious.

If you're going to not be serious, use a smiley. Your not serious posts are too similar to your serious ones for us to tell. :secret:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on January 08, 2013, 08:07:08 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 08, 2013, 07:56:08 PM

By themselves?

I didn't mean children but young adults who were likely to have young children. People in the Northeast still have kids, but if they can't find a job they may move to Nevada or Utah for work. So the states with growing populations are getting younger while the states with stagnant populations get older.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 08, 2013, 08:44:16 PM
I didn't mean children but young adults who were likely to have young children. People in the Northeast still have kids, but if they can't find a job they may move to Nevada or Utah for work. So the states with growing populations are getting younger while the states with stagnant populations get older.

If anything, I would think people who travel for jobs are going to skew single and childless.

And Utah is doing well, but Idaho and Nevada?

Eddie Teach

Nevada was doing quite well 10 years ago when these young parents were settling down to start pumping out kids.