News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on January 07, 2013, 10:16:53 PM
i have come to a relisation though, my life's aim is just to outlive my parents ., for various reasons.

Well, if you don't achieve that at least you know there'll be someone at the funeral.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2013, 09:16:11 PM
No, I'm pretty sure Germans are attached to extremism.  Those people never do anything in moderation.

So why are their Jewish-converted-to-Mormonism and Irish-Catholic husbands even more extreme in their views?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 08, 2013, 12:06:49 AM
Quote from: Tyr on January 07, 2013, 10:16:53 PM
i have come to a relisation though, my life's aim is just to outlive my parents ., for various reasons.

Well, if you don't achieve that at least you know there'll be someone at the funeral.

Which is exactly what I don't want ;)

But yes. That was 20 hours of travelling talking... largely.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

You Americans do realize that the pledge of allegiance is incredibly fascist, don't you? Having the kids cite it and all. Worst shit than we had in elementary school during communism.

Tamas

one of the two "political analyst" firms who receive major state sponsorship to lick Orban's ass apparently switched to taking care of his more manly organ, as they will have a name change. New name is "Bonum Semen"

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on January 08, 2013, 03:11:36 AM
You Americans do realize that the pledge of allegiance is incredibly fascist, don't you? Having the kids cite it and all. Worst shit than we had in elementary school during communism.

:homestar:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 08, 2013, 07:35:25 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 08, 2013, 03:11:36 AM

:homestar:

I know it's hard to admit. Stuff they teach you during elementary school years stick with you. That's how my grandparents have this strange mix of nazi-commie world view

Ed Anger

Euro douche rating: 3/10

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 08, 2013, 07:45:16 AM
Euro douche rating: 3/10

What IS fascinating, is that you guys haven't been thoroughly asskicked in major wars like Europeans. So nationalist, late-19th century BS like this pledge lives on strong, whereas it was beaten out of us (ok, it is still going on strong in Eastern Europe, but hey).

Ed Anger

My brown uniform is at the cleaners.

Ed Anger

I think, fueled by my pledge of alliegence indoctrination, go hang out and watch some foreigners.

Phillip V

Pledge of Allegiance should to be mandated through all school grades and implemented in the workplace.

garbon

The pledge in school is a waste of time. Who really cares?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Hmm, David Bowie just released his first single off his new album.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: Phillip V on January 08, 2013, 08:22:12 AM
Pledge of Allegiance should to be mandated through all school grades and implemented in the workplace.

ok Captain Black