News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

so much for my resolution not to wank to gifs from Arabic news sites. :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on January 09, 2013, 05:38:35 PM
so much for my resolution not to wank to gifs from Arabic news sites. :mad:

There are funny videos as well.  :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_9J2oJjjd4

Josephus

Not sure I can go the whole six mintues, but I'll try...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm7oX1yCFU0
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

The consultant who founded and runs a pionerring weight loss clinic, a program on telly was covered it, is called prof. Peter Small.   :D

There's a word for that.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on January 09, 2013, 08:12:50 PM
The consultant who founded and runs a pionerring weight loss clinic, a program on telly was covered it, is called prof. Peter Small.   :D

There's a word for that.

What's the word?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I saw that this morning too on Takei's fb page thingy. Was tempted to post this reply someone posted here; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/5170898/Chinese-craze-for-English-tattoos.html
██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: Tyr on January 09, 2013, 09:14:32 PM
I saw that this morning too on Takei's fb page thingy. Was tempted to post this reply someone posted here; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/5170898/Chinese-craze-for-English-tattoos.html

About damned time.

mongers

WTF, just seen a telly advert for the Ford B-Max (?) and the soundtrack is a Hawkwind track 'Master of the Universe' from like 1972.  :blink:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Man, I stepped in a pothole today carrying cat food out from the vet's office.  Twisted my ankle something fierce.  It's all swollen up now.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on January 09, 2013, 10:18:48 PM
Man, I stepped in a pothole today carrying cat food out from the vet's office.  Twisted my ankle something fierce.  It's all swollen up now.

Should've turned back around and asked the vet to put you down.

Tonitrus

The Seattle press is abuzz that the Sacramento Kings are going to be bought and moved up north.