News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I'm not a huge fan of Helles, myself.  I actually like to taste my beer.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 19, 2012, 10:55:57 PM
When I was eating and drinking in Argentina at no point did I think my portion was too small :lol: :P

(Except of chimichurri - I always had to ask for multiple refills of that  :Embarrass:)

I don't often dine out down there.  And mind you, I pretty much always get as much as I want to eat, but their "dinner" plates are so small so I have to keep going back for seconds.  And I hate having to constantly refill my 5-6 oz. glass with beer.  Next time I'm taking my own pint glasses down there.

But I will concede that on most occasions I've dined out, the portions have usually been adequate.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 15, 2012, 09:03:37 PM
I need to suggestion on ideas for a gift exchange. 50$ limit. Video Games are out of the question, I don't trust the other participants to not buy me the PS3 version while I don't have a PS3.

Any ideas? I usually try to suggest something different & very specific. Just Books makes it too easy.

You guys are not being usefull at all.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

I'm staying out of the feminism thread. Don't want to get cooties.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 20, 2012, 01:01:07 PM

derspeiss is trying to figure out a way women can be born pregnant.  Like Tribbles.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 20, 2012, 01:05:38 PM

derspeiss is trying to figure out a way women can be born pregnant.  Like Tribbles.

Spicy must be bored at work.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 20, 2012, 01:12:46 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 20, 2012, 01:05:38 PM

Spicy must be bored at work.

Seedy is lying, but yeah I'm bored.  I dun' burned up all my remaining vaca time and am stuck in a mostly-vacant office.  Plus I'm experiencing the regular end of the year lull in projects.

I think I'll "work from home" tomorrow and/or Friday.

Ed Anger

Time to organize office chair races.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 20, 2012, 01:18:21 PM
I dun' burned up all my remaining vaca time and am stuck in a mostly-vacant office.  Plus I'm experiencing the regular end of the year lull in projects.

That's the best part;  everybody else is burning up vacation at the end of the year, and it's quiet.  That's the way I always did it, it's a two-fer win-win.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 20, 2012, 01:26:35 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 20, 2012, 01:18:21 PM
I dun' burned up all my remaining vaca time and am stuck in a mostly-vacant office.  Plus I'm experiencing the regular end of the year lull in projects.

That's the best part;  everybody else is burning up vacation at the end of the year, and it's quiet.  That's the way I always did it, it's a two-fer win-win.

If I needed to catch up on stuff that would be a net positive.  But I keep thinking about all the things I'd be doing if I weren't stuck here.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 20, 2012, 01:28:09 PM
If I needed to catch up on stuff that would be a net positive.  But I keep thinking about all the things I'd be doing if I weren't stuck here.

Start running up shit for the next year.  Get a head start.  Impress the bosses.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 20, 2012, 01:46:14 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 20, 2012, 01:28:09 PM

Start running up shit for the next year.  Get a head start.  Impress the bosses.

Okay.  Thanks, Dad :D

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 20, 2012, 01:58:25 PM
Okay.  Thanks, Dad :D

:P  I always found it profitable, just in time for bonus season in March.

HES A REAL GO GETTER

Iormlund

That thrice-damned baby won't ever stop crying. Every fucking night the same shit. Jesus fucking Christ, I need to sleep!