Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on April 20, 2012, 02:09:36 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 20, 2012, 01:56:25 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2012, 01:24:36 PM
In other news Wendy's has passed BK to move into #2 US burger chain.

That's directly due to French Fries technology.  Wendy's has gotten better, and BK's went in the shitter when they changed.

I  read an article saying that while for the last decade Wendy's has focused on diversifying their menu with more healthy options, BK instead "doubled-down" on being a burger franchise and catering to their core demographic.  Results of course is that Wendy's revenues have grown, while BKs have shrunk.

Well, Wendy's has diversified their menu with a lot of other stuff too, like occasionally bringing out the Bacon Mushroom Melt, Cheddar Melt or other specialty burgers for a limited time;  but you're right, BK has pretty much stayed the course.

I think BK has the better chicken products, but not by much.

What I find interesting is that Wendy's is outpacing BK when they don't even have a frigging breakfast menu.

Admiral Yi

I  read an article saying that while for the last decade Wendy's has focused on diversifying their menu with more healthy options, BK instead "doubled-down" on being a burger franchise and catering to their core demographic.  Results of course is that Wendy's revenues have grown, while BKs have shrunk.

You really think Wendy's revenues are growing compared to BK because of their healthy options?

I've never even noticed anything but burgers and chicken samwiches on their menu, never seen anyone buying anything besides those two.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on April 20, 2012, 02:20:01 PM
Yeah, doubling down on burgers didn't really make sense.  I prefer getting two double stackers over a quad stacker.

Those double stackers are certainly something. :wub:

But I'll take a Baconator or a 1/2 lb Double over them any day of the week.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2012, 02:24:09 PM

You really think Wendy's revenues are growing compared to BK because of their healthy options?

I've never even noticed anything but burgers and chicken samwiches on their menu, never seen anyone buying anything besides those two.

Not the article I was looking for, but I knew you'd appreciate the source:

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/03/dethroned-how-wendys-slayed-burger-king-in-the-fast-food-wars/254832/

Not so much because of healthier food, but just by focusing on food and food quality.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Meh, Wendy's lost my Mom when they stopped offering those baked potatoes.

Caliga

Wendy's has gotten a LOT better in the last year or so.

new fries = WIN
new chicken sandwiches = WIN
new burgers = WIN except for that stupid annoying paper shit they wrap them in now

Last time I went there they gave me a free frosty for some reason... the guy behind the counter explained why but he talked like Mushmouth so I smiled politely and pretended to understand, but didn't. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Finally a female CEO that hasn't ruined her company?

Dave's daughter took over, didn't she?

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2012, 02:51:51 PM

Dave's daughter took over, didn't she?

Nope.  Some dude named Emil Brolick.  They brought back the daughter to do a commercial (part fo their never-ending quest to find a replacement spokesman for Dave Thomas), but I don't think she has any role in the company.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Caliga

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2012, 02:24:09 PM

Does the baconator count as a health option?

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

In terms of 'gross' burgers, I've had the baconator and didn't think it was really worth it.  Hardee's Monster Thickburger, OTOH  :mmm:

Josephus

Overall I find the BK whopper better than the Wendy's, but maybe cause there aren't that many BKs around so when I see one I crave it, whereas there's a Wendy's a two-minute walk from where I work.
Overall, though, of all the junk food burger places I like Harvey's the best. There's not enough of them left though. I think also, they're only Canadian.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on April 20, 2012, 03:05:36 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2012, 02:51:51 PM
:hmm:

Women generally stink in the top office.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on April 19, 2012, 07:22:18 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 19, 2012, 05:51:56 PM

Though being a well brought up Brit, I shall refrain from seeing anyone for the couple of days after it clears up.   :bowler:

Can you stay away from a pub that long?

Quite easy nowadays with beer prices.  :(

I'm feeling human again, but I now know how I'm going to die, I'll get some auto-immune disease and be dead within 24 hours; my immune system seems to go into overdrive with few bugs I ever catch, everyone has been suffering from this flu-like/coughing bug for days, I get it last evening, I have to go to bed, burn up for 4-5 hours, spend the next 18 hours cooling down and now I'm feeling not too bad, just need to get some salts into me and rehydrate.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"