News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on April 12, 2012, 03:31:39 AM
Some Polacks in EUOT are throwing a hissy fit over Poland not being a civilization Civ5

Considering its been gone more often than it's been around, I don't see what the problem is.

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 12, 2012, 06:39:08 AM
Some Polacks in EUOT are throwing a hissy fit over Poland not being a civilization Civ5

Considering its been gone more often than it's been around, I don't see what the problem is.

"The Commonwealth was in place longer than the HRE"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on April 12, 2012, 06:42:52 AM

The Holy Roman Empire was neither Holy nor Roman nor an Empire.  Discuss.

Razgovory

I imagine that it just feels like time moves more slowly in Poland.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Isn't that an argument for Lithuania to be in there, not Poland?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

Ah life is mad. Nobody's types seem to match up. Everyone always falls for someone who does not much care for them.
For me its always the fat girls who seem to have a thing for me. Do not want.
Tonight a girl who I and another guy agreed was smoking hot was majorly coming onto (i.e. "lets have sex") another friend of ours...who happens to be only into fat chicks.
Stupid life. Why are you so stupid.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on April 12, 2012, 09:49:51 AM
For me its always the fat girls who seem to have a thing for me. Do not want.

:lol:

QuoteTonight a girl who I and another guy agreed was smoking hot was majorly coming onto (i.e. "lets have sex") another friend of ours...who happens to be only into fat chicks.

Double  :lol:

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

Have to wear a suit to work today. We're getting a visit from our congressman. Bleh.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

MadImmortalMan

There is a US Congressman sitting in my office at this very moment as I post on Languish.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 11, 2012, 08:54:55 PM
I honestly have no idea. A friend of mine from Washington state was extremely fond of Lettow-Vorbeck a long time ago, and I had a weakness for his dash and elan as a romantic colonial guerilla. It seemed as acceptable a name as any other on the paradox forums, where it was vaugely in theme with the naming conventions there. I think Lettow must have been taken, and 77 may have been suggested by a prompt. I certainly have no personal connection to the number, and relatively little interest in Lettow Vorbeck himself, so it's an odd name. I keep it because I enjoy continuity and tradition.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Legions_of_Lettow
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 12, 2012, 02:14:03 PM
There is a US Congressman sitting in my office at this very moment as I post on Languish.

You guys need to put screens on your windows.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 12, 2012, 02:14:03 PM

Don't panic, just hide in the closet and call 9-1-1.

Whatever you do, don't try to be a hero.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.