And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

did you call a mormonite a cracker? :(

Josquius

Dang kids these days with their daft smilies. What the devil does ~~ mean? And since when was :o embarassed? Not to mention those that seem to go on for an entire line...
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 04, 2012, 05:29:23 AM
Quote from: Tyr on January 04, 2012, 05:05:29 AM
And since when was :o embarassed?

It's not,  :Embarrass: is.

: o is by some counted as embarrased.
Some forums even put :blush: when you type :o. Which annoys me.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jaron on January 04, 2012, 01:06:26 AM
It's nice when you're so good at your job that even though you're a bit of a loose cannon they still would rather put up with your crap than replace you. :)

It most certainly is.

CountDeMoney

Bitch of a way to go.

QuoteA man was killed Tuesday after he was hit by a vehicle in Northwest Baltimore, police said.

The 62-year-old man was standing in the median strip of the 3500 block of Park Heights Ave. just before 3:30 p.m. when he was struck by a passing vehicle, according to Detective Nicole Monroe, a Baltimore Police Department spokeswoman.

The man leaned forward as the vehicle passed and was struck in the head by a side mirror, she said.

He was pronounced dead at Sinai Hospital. His name will be released after his family is notified of his death.

The driver, who had a clean driving and vehicle record, stayed at the scene of the accident, Monroe said.

Initial findings point to pedestrian error as the cause of the accident, she said.

I guess you can say...
*sunglasses"
--he didn't check his blind spot
*eeeeeeeyaaaaahh*

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Ideologue on January 03, 2012, 09:58:45 PM
Got my first check today.  Any Tea Party fuck who tells me I don't pay taxes is going through the industrial dishwasher, because that shit is 50 dollars short of what I technically earned.  And if they protest that I'll be getting it back whenever I file my returns, while the boiling water scalds them to death, I'll point out they're taking into account neither the SS taxes that pay for their decrepit old fuck welfare, nor the lesser present value of a refund versus simply having the cash given directly to me.

Then quit whining and fill out a W-4. :P

P.S. anyone who understands present discounted value, even vaguely, probably should be making more than $7.25 an hour, but that's America!

That says more about the state of education than the state of the job market.  Every high school graduate should vaguely understand the time value of money and present value.

Sheilbh

Christ I hate Guardian commentators.  They shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the TV :bleeding: <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 04, 2012, 02:53:19 PM
Christ I hate Guardian commentators.  They shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the TV :bleeding: <_<
On the other hand this BBC interview with Rick Santorum is a gem: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/9671217.stm

Ideologue

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on January 04, 2012, 07:54:08 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 03, 2012, 09:58:45 PM
Got my first check today.  Any Tea Party fuck who tells me I don't pay taxes is going through the industrial dishwasher, because that shit is 50 dollars short of what I technically earned.  And if they protest that I'll be getting it back whenever I file my returns, while the boiling water scalds them to death, I'll point out they're taking into account neither the SS taxes that pay for their decrepit old fuck welfare, nor the lesser present value of a refund versus simply having the cash given directly to me.

Then quit whining and fill out a W-4. :P

It ain't the taxes I've got a problem with. ;)

P.S. anyone who understands present discounted value, even vaguely, probably should be making more than $7.25 an hour, but that's America!

That says more about the state of education than the state of the job market.  Every high school graduate should vaguely understand the time value of money and present value.

-_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 04, 2012, 02:53:19 PM

Specifics?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Sheilbh

Quote from: Malthus on January 04, 2012, 03:00:11 PM
Specifics?
They were talking about the breast implant problems, one guest was a woman who'd had her implants removed due to health problems and then betters installed and Guardian columnist, Zoe Williams.  She totally ignored the woman and started her contribution 'well the classic feminist position is that it's mutilation...'  and so it went :bleeding:

QuoteOn the other hand this BBC interview with Rick Santorum is a gem: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/9671217.stm
:lol:  I blame Dan Hannan for this sort of nonsense.
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

I remember seeing some BBC program about breast implants.  Being British, the boobies were uncensored in that program.  The main thrust of the program was about, uhm, something I don't remember.  :hmm:

Eddie Teach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlcMUjLMqAs&feature=feedrec_grec_index

"Do these pants make my butt look big? Oh, never mind, I'll just see for myself."
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Great guns!  That's hot.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)