And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 03, 2012, 12:50:49 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 03, 2012, 12:33:20 PM
Good luck speeding in the South. I'll pray for you.

Put your cousin Vinny on speed-dial.

I'll put the younger Marisa Tomei on speed dial. :perv:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 03, 2012, 12:49:51 PM
Somebody was racin' to the Walgreens 75% off candy sale.   :)

Oh God.  The what? :o
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

szmik

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 03, 2012, 12:35:29 PM
Quote from: szmik on January 03, 2012, 12:09:41 PM
How long it would actually take to drive from Miami to Kearney (Nebraska)? Is it possible to get there in 30h?

You probably need two drivers.

Why the fuck do you need to drive from Miami to Nebraska? 

Why the fuck do you need to drive to Nebraska?

Dexter apparently did?  :D

It struck me impossible when I heard it. I can't really compare shitty Polish "roads" to anything in US I guess, but it's still so far away when I look at the map. It's like going from here to Lisbon.  :hmm:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Barrister

Quote from: szmik on January 03, 2012, 02:36:42 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 03, 2012, 12:35:29 PM
Quote from: szmik on January 03, 2012, 12:09:41 PM
How long it would actually take to drive from Miami to Kearney (Nebraska)? Is it possible to get there in 30h?

You probably need two drivers.

Why the fuck do you need to drive from Miami to Nebraska? 

Why the fuck do you need to drive to Nebraska?

Dexter apparently did?  :D

It struck me impossible when I heard it. I can't really compare shitty Polish "roads" to anything in US I guess, but it's still so far away when I look at the map. It's like going from here to Lisbon.  :hmm:

This.

I was wildly late to meet up with Marti and the crew in Krakow because I was completely unprepared for how crappy your roads are.  Even roads marked as highways took every little bend, slowed down to go through every little village.  It was completely painful.  The roads in the other eastern countries were much better in comparison (Czech, Slovakia, Hungary).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

szmik

Sure, when we're going to Croatia on vacation it takes half of the travel time to get out of Poland. :yucky: Yet gay rights are more important issue around here.  :menace:

When Euro football tournament strikes I'm not going out of town.
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

mongers

Found the hat I lost on New Years day; evidently some kind soul have taken it out of the road and put it prominently on the grass verge.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: szmik on January 03, 2012, 02:51:00 PM
Sure, when we're going to Croatia on vacation it takes half of the travel time to get out of Poland. :yucky: Yet gay rights are more important issue around here.  :menace:

The obvious solution: fill in the pot holes in the roads with gays.

[Not enough Jews left for the traditional fix to work ...  :P ]
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

szmik

Quote from: Malthus on January 03, 2012, 03:36:14 PM
Quote from: szmik on January 03, 2012, 02:51:00 PM

The obvious solution: fill in the pot holes in the roads with gays.

[Not enough Jews left for the traditional fix to work ...  :P ]
we may always import some, they seem eager enough :P

mongers

Stolen from another forum, debating smartphone penetration of the ROTW

QuoteGive a man a fishing rod and he can feed his family. Give that man a smart phone and he can update his Facebook status while his family dies around him.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on January 03, 2012, 02:36:22 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 03, 2012, 12:49:51 PM
Somebody was racin' to the Walgreens 75% off candy sale.   :)

Oh God.  The what? :o

A day or week after a major holiday connected with candy. Check CVS, Walgreens and Target.

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on January 03, 2012, 05:20:44 PM

QuoteGive a man a fishing rod and he can feed his family. Give that man a smart phone and he can update his Facebook status while his family dies around him.

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life! [/PTerry]
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on January 03, 2012, 05:39:46 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 03, 2012, 05:20:44 PM

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life! [/PTerry]

:)

MadImmortalMan

Oh the annual grind: employee evaluations.

Buh
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 03, 2012, 06:55:45 PM
Oh the annual grind: employee evaluations.

Buh

Oh, what a grand time in business.  :menace: