Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 21, 2011, 01:18:57 PM
:lol:

Oh, Pakistan.

Probably bought from one of those vendors that sprang up over night at the WTC site...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Capetan Mihali

Speaking of which, I can't believe it's really been 10 years.  :mellow:  I remember 50,000 dead was the first estimate I heard from people coming back from Manhattan that day.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

It still angries up my blood.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

This amused me:
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/18914

Quote from: mongers on December 21, 2011, 01:20:24 PM
Alternatively she has spotted you before, but been to embarrassed to talk to you and so has been avoiding you, until today, the last possible day and she's finally plucked up the courage to ask you out ?

:o
Way to make me intrigued/paranoid.
But nah, Japanese women are generally just friendly (/naiive about men?). Its more that its weird I've only just met this girl and I'm not the youngest teacher here afterall which made this post worthy.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on December 21, 2011, 09:31:26 AM
Today was...interesting.
Was just getting ready to go home when some young woman comes in. I guess she's a university student who is going to be supervising exams and is looking for one of the Japanese teachers. Or something like that. I try to communicate that the Japanese teachers are in a meeting...
Turns out this girl is a young teacher at my school who speaks good English. And this is the first time I've met her. And she's been there all along. She seemed to ask me out (probally just in a friendly/want to learn English way) too and asked for my number. Just...bizzare.

Fuck her.  Fuck her for me.  Fuck her for the Marines of Wake Island.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on December 21, 2011, 08:06:11 PM
But nah, Japanese women are generally just friendly (/naiive about men?).

Is that why so many of them seem to wind up as bondage bait?

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 21, 2011, 09:44:12 PM
Quote from: Tyr on December 21, 2011, 09:31:26 AM
Today was...interesting.
Was just getting ready to go home when some young woman comes in. I guess she's a university student who is going to be supervising exams and is looking for one of the Japanese teachers. Or something like that. I try to communicate that the Japanese teachers are in a meeting...
Turns out this girl is a young teacher at my school who speaks good English. And this is the first time I've met her. And she's been there all along. She seemed to ask me out (probally just in a friendly/want to learn English way) too and asked for my number. Just...bizzare.
Fuck her.  Fuck her for me.  Fuck her for the Marines of Wake Island.
He's British.  He hates the Marines of Wake Island due to their treason against their rightful sovereign.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

mongers

Finally a protest movement that our conservative, conventional friend Cal can comprehend:

http://gotopless.org/index.php

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Well, I'm employed.

Minwage back of the house staff at some Greek family's restaurant, obtained upon the recommendation of a pal.  And this after I recited a brief history of their hometown to them.  Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the parts where Thebes kicked their asses with superior tactics and weaponized faggotry.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on December 21, 2011, 10:22:44 PM
I'm not a conservative. :)

:hmm:

Many of your attitudes, especially towards protesters suggest otherwise.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 21, 2011, 10:55:27 PM
Well, I'm employed.

Minwage back of the house staff at some Greek family's restaurant, obtained upon the recommendation of a pal.  And this after I recited a brief history of their hometown to them.  Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the parts where Thebes kicked their asses with superior tactics and weaponized faggotry.

Congrats...? :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 21, 2011, 07:32:01 PM
Speaking of which, I can't believe it's really been 10 years.  :mellow:  I remember 50,000 dead was the first estimate I heard from people coming back from Manhattan that day.

I can't believe how ugly the tower looks. I hate seeing it at night.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Minwage back of the house staff at some Greek family's restaurant, obtained upon the recommendation of a pal.

Does that mean there's a possibility of collecting tips?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on December 21, 2011, 10:57:34 PM
Well, I'm employed.

Congrats...? :hug:

Eh, it'll get me out of the house.

Quote from: HabbakuDoes that mean there's a possibility of collecting tips?

I don't even know why they want me back of the house.  I told them my only kitchen experience was supervising/liaising with kitchen staff as a front of the house manager, and that most of my experience is as a server.  But it's what they started my buddy the server as, so perhaps it's just their Eurozone-destroying way.

That said, it ain't rocket science.  Which is to say, something you might have to apply an ADVANCED DEGREE to. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)