Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

"Thinking tires me out."  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

The ads on Paul Krugman's blog on the NY Times are weirdly Jew-centric.  Like, books about kabbalah, Israeli bonds, online Christian baby store.

Edit: and most critically, they now want me to pay for it. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Christian babies don't come cheap, you know?  Thanks, Roe v. Wade.  :rolleyes:

Josquius

Today was...interesting.
Was just getting ready to go home when some young woman comes in. I guess she's a university student who is going to be supervising exams and is looking for one of the Japanese teachers. Or something like that. I try to communicate that the Japanese teachers are in a meeting...
Turns out this girl is a young teacher at my school who speaks good English. And this is the first time I've met her. And she's been there all along. She seemed to ask me out (probally just in a friendly/want to learn English way) too and asked for my number. Just...bizzare.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on December 21, 2011, 09:31:26 AM
Today was...interesting.
Was just getting ready to go home when some young woman comes in. I guess she's a university student who is going to be supervising exams and is looking for one of the Japanese teachers. Or something like that. I try to communicate that the Japanese teachers are in a meeting...
Turns out this girl is a young teacher at my school who speaks good English. And this is the first time I've met her. And she's been there all along. She seemed to ask me out (probally just in a friendly/want to learn English way) too and asked for my number. Just...bizzare.

Watch out for your kidneys.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 20, 2011, 08:30:51 PM
While I was outside grabbing a smoke the ladies across the way came out in their sexy Santa and elf outfit, presumably for an office party.

I approve of the sleazy aspects of Christmas. :thumbsup:

Ladies dressing in sexy outfits is noble and admirable, not sleazy -_-
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

Here's your random stupid for the day.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Grey Fox

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on December 21, 2011, 09:31:26 AM
Today was...interesting.

Alternatively she has spotted you before, but been to embarrassed to talk to you and so has been avoiding you, until today, the last possible day and she's finally plucked up the courage to ask you out ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Hope you don't mind the big Brillo bush Squeeze.  :)

Grey Fox

Well I have another Alveolar osteitis, went to get it taking care of this morning, now everything taste likes Cloves.

Ideologue

Oh man, before I looked that up I thought it meant calcium deposits in the lungs.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Zoupa

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 21, 2011, 01:28:53 PM
Hope you don't mind the big Brillo bush Squeeze.  :)

The one I've known: clean field. Methinks it's a stereotype.

Ideologue

Methinks it ain't no big deal either way.
Kinemalogue

MadImmortalMan

One of the VPs just walked in to my office with a bottle of Decourtet XO for me.  Yay!
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers