News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Have you been near gamma radiation or vampires or werewolfs lately?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Grats on your new powers.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 01, 2011, 05:11:59 AM
It's strange, something happened in my ear a couple hours ago and now everything seems really loud. Shutting doors, running water, even typing.

Some Wax got dislodge & now you can actually hear what's happenning.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

I found an anime I like.  Well sort of.   When I was a youngster I remembered loving a cartoon show that came on Nickelodeon in the late 1980's about fairy tales.  I looked it up and found that it was animated in Japan (though they don't use the stereotyped anime styles, you can still see some of influence).  It has no magic school girls or angsty androgynous male heroes that I despise about anime, but it is kinda neat.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sx9pun305Q&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL4ED92F7FA5335B47
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 01, 2011, 03:30:03 AM
Quote from: fahdiz on December 01, 2011, 03:21:56 AM
Is it like Darth's head, or just a mug with Darth's picture on it?

It's Darth's entire motherfucking head.

Sweet.
and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fahdiz on December 01, 2011, 11:04:50 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 01, 2011, 03:30:03 AM
Quote from: fahdiz on December 01, 2011, 03:21:56 AM
Is it like Darth's head, or just a mug with Darth's picture on it?

It's Darth's entire motherfucking head.

Sweet.

He looks great next to all my Tarkin HeroClix figures.  I call them The Board.

MadImmortalMan

I just found out the local talk radio station shitcanned their main local host, who is a complete dickbag. Happened a couple weeks ago. The world is now a better place.  :)
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

WoW has a Chuck Norris commercial? :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on December 01, 2011, 09:30:24 PM

No, Chuck Norris has a WoW commercial.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tonitrus

He looks to be in pretty damned good shape for being 71.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 01, 2011, 09:31:06 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 01, 2011, 09:30:24 PM

No, Chuck Norris has a WoW commercial.

:thumbsup:

Seeing the commercial was funny as we were just explaining today about Chuck Norris to a colleague that had never heard of him.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

The joy of Congressional acronyms:
http://www.economist.com/blogs/johnson/2011/11/legislative-titles

Why do they do this?  Also I didn't know that the PATRIOT Act only wanted to 'Obstruct' not 'Stop' terrorism :mellow:

I particularly like the anti-Obamacare REPEAL (Revoke Excessive Policies that Encroach on American Liberties) Act and the, probably 1990s, FRIENDSHIP Act (For Reform In Emerging New Democracies and Support and Help for Improved Partnership with Russia, Ukraine, and Other New Independent States).
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

At the risk of souding old and curmudgeonly there are times when I just don't understand this country:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/dec/02/jeremy-clarkson-one-show-rant-complaints
:bleeding:

I agreed with Dara O'Brien's comment that Brits should lokse the right to claim Americans don't get irony if we insist on bleeding all non-literal speech out of our discourse.
Let's bomb Russia!

fhdz

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 02, 2011, 01:55:05 AM
The joy of Congressional acronyms:
http://www.economist.com/blogs/johnson/2011/11/legislative-titles

Why do they do this?  Also I didn't know that the PATRIOT Act only wanted to 'Obstruct' not 'Stop' terrorism :mellow:

I particularly like the anti-Obamacare REPEAL (Revoke Excessive Policies that Encroach on American Liberties) Act and the, probably 1990s, FRIENDSHIP Act (For Reform In Emerging New Democracies and Support and Help for Improved Partnership with Russia, Ukraine, and Other New Independent States).

I wonder how much it costs taxpayers in gov't worker staff time to come up with and vote on these acronyms? :D
and the horse you rode in on