News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Jesus Christ I'm nervous this morning.  I dunno why, just one of those panic spells.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on November 30, 2011, 05:19:04 AM
Jesus Christ I'm nervous this morning.  I dunno why, just one of those panic spells.

Christ, until you said "this morning" I had no idea how late it was.  I'm not even really tired.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Lettow77

Can't sleep. It's antisocial, but I may stay in the dorms in this backwater over winter break. Concerns are that the town more or less shuts down when college is in session,and the walk to food will be appreciably long and cold.

However, it will let me do lots and lots of reading and sonnet making.

Reading Milton's sonnets. man, he's really good.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

MadBurgerMaker

Okay I'll admit I actually laughed at that new radio show this morning, although it wasn't really because of them.  They were talking about how fat they're going to get since they moved to SA, and how much weight they've already gained because they're going out to eat all the time despite the entire city hating them, etc, and they apparently almost immediately got an email from someone that they read on the air that said:

"STOP EATING ALL OUR FOOD, YOU FAT FUCKS"

:XD:

They're embracing the hate.  I can dig it.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 30, 2011, 05:34:04 AM

Reading Milton's sonnets. man, he's really good.

Yes. He's my favorite.  :)
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

Lindsay Lohan's AA sponsor is Courtney Love.

:lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josephus

That's good. She may quit drinking and become a junkie.  :D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

I bought a Darth Vader coffee mug today, specifically for the Human Resources-sponsored interview panel on Friday regarding our managerial evaluations.

I figured a Stalin coffee mug would seem too obtuse.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 01, 2011, 03:17:56 AM
I bought a Darth Vader coffee mug today, specifically for the Human Resources-sponsored interview panel on Friday regarding our managerial evaluations.

Should have gone for Tarkin.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

fhdz

Is it like Darth's head, or just a mug with Darth's picture on it?
and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fahdiz on December 01, 2011, 03:21:56 AM
Is it like Darth's head, or just a mug with Darth's picture on it?

It's Darth's entire motherfucking head.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on December 01, 2011, 03:20:43 AM

Should have gone for Tarkin.

They had a Darth Vader, a stormtrooper and Boba Fett;  I was leaning to Boba Fett what with the bail bonds thing, but I'm corporate now, and want to choke out people at conference tables.

Eddie Teach

It's strange, something happened in my ear a couple hours ago and now everything seems really loud. Shutting doors, running water, even typing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?