News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 10, 2011, 06:24:16 PM
I was just complaining & she only tells me not to because I am the one always complaining we don't have any money.

Plus, I buy games too often.

It doesn't get any better if you have money.  :D

Heh, my wife complains all the time about my habit of compulsively buying books on Amazon - mind you she has a point ...   :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on November 11, 2011, 09:22:44 AM
I was just complaining & she only tells me not to because I am the one always complaining we don't have any money.

Heh, my wife complains all the time about my habit of compulsively buying books on Amazon - mind you she has a point ...   :hmm:

My unread pile is over 100.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I have something like a dozen on mine.  I need to get on the stick.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

Couple years ago I made a new year's resolution that I wouldn't buy any more books until my unread pile is under 20. It's now sitting at around 35. :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Atleast she doesn't complain about my book buying habits. That would be ground for total dismissal!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Josephus on November 11, 2011, 09:38:31 AM
Couple years ago I made a new year's resolution that I wouldn't buy any more books until my unread pile is under 20. It's now sitting at around 35. :mad:

Those used books for a penny at Amazon are like crack.

Josephus

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 11, 2011, 09:45:04 AM
Quote from: Josephus on November 11, 2011, 09:38:31 AM

Those used books for a penny at Amazon are like crack.

Nah...I buy full-priced hard covers. :)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

I just can't buy hardcovers at retail. Something in me stops it from happening.

Grey Fox

You two should just be glad you don't buy hardcover french books. Actually the HCs are usually price similarly. It's the paperback editions that makes me want to murder.

Ed Anger

was watching this Canuck made History's greatest tank battles episode on 73 Easting and it said the UN ordered US forces to the Persian Gulf.

LOL.

Ideologue

$2000 books?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on November 11, 2011, 06:28:38 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 11, 2011, 06:26:19 PM
$2000 books?

I dunno if Amazon sells any of those ...  :hmm:

They do.  http://www.michaeleisen.org/blog/?p=358  The making of a fly went for over 23 million dollars on Amazon.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

Quote from: Razgovory on November 11, 2011, 06:44:00 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 11, 2011, 06:28:38 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 11, 2011, 06:26:19 PM
$2000 books?

I dunno if Amazon sells any of those ...  :hmm:

They do.  http://www.michaeleisen.org/blog/?p=358  The making of a fly went for over 23 million dollars on Amazon.

Hope it came with free shipping. :huh:

Grey Fox

It's 7:45 & my kid is asleep. Where have the days where she went to sleep at 11pm if we were lucky gone? I miss those :s