News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

So he's not real, right?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

:hmm:  Someone deleted a post.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Quote from: Habbaku on October 10, 2011, 06:00:21 PM
:hmm:  Someone deleted a post.

I knew I should've quoted it.  The reference to Yeats was pretty great.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

I just got an invitation via email from someone I've never heard of to join Facebook and friend her.

Is that some basic interweb scam?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 10, 2011, 09:32:18 PM
I just got an invitation via email from someone I've never heard of to join Facebook and friend her.

Is that some basic interweb scam?

Or she saw your profile pic and is hot for your bod.

Zoupa

He doesn't have a profile pic, else she wouldn't ask him to join facebook.

I read posts.

:smarty:

Razgovory

Quote from: Zoupa on October 10, 2011, 11:19:46 PM

I read posts.

I don't.  It's simply a happy coincidence when my post appears to respond to someone else's.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Tonitrus

I read posts.

That he -knows- of.

Oops, blew my cover....

Dark camels fly at night only when it's humid.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 11, 2011, 01:03:05 AM

I read posts.

That he -knows- of.

Oops, blew my cover....

Dark camels fly at night only when it's humid.

The pumpkin is enroute.

The Dogs are red.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 10, 2011, 04:53:44 PM
You know, I don't feel you  are equipped with all the information.

That obese mongoloid seems to have deliberately stopped up the toilet before taking his dump. I'd give Ser Unibrow the benefit of having malicious foresight, but his gargantuan feces, fiercely fecund in its fetid nature, is so frightfully green that I can't imagine he intended it, but rather with much groans and contortions birthed this horror that even now slouches toward Bethlehem.

To look upon it is to be at peace with man's mortality, even as it makes a mockery of the wabi-sabi aesthetic of transient beauty. It has defiled the living quarters beyond repair.

No, this is really the last straw. He has killed my son, and there is nothing but to be done but to sing the dirges as we urinate in the sink. (Certainly, none dares face the beast in his chambers)

:lmfao:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

My sister is leaving tomorrow.  I thought she would stay the whole week.   :(  At least I don't have to go up to Wisconsin. There will be no VISION QUEST TO THE NORTH!

garbon

Just heard from our sales person to client:

For Belgium would you need the study in French and German? Well let's for the sake of argument say that they speak Belgianese and Belgium.

:weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2011, 02:32:42 PM
Just heard from our sales person to client:

For Belgium would you need the study in French and German? Well let's for the sake of argument say that they speak Belgianese and Belgium.

:weep:

Does your business get a lot of tax credits?  I don't think you've ever told a story about your coworkers where they didn't come off as at least profoundly uneducated, but also kind of stupid.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)