Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zanza

Ideologue

Why do you love fascism, Zanza?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

What's the point of this graph?  That we need to let the terrorists kill 140 million people to justify our spending on War on Terror?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Actually, a high number of cancer deaths show that a population is very healthy. That sounds strange at first, but when you consider that virtually all types of cancer occur much, much more at high age it makes sense. Countries with bad health don't have much cancer because people have already succumbed to something else before they can even get cancer.

Nevertheless, I think it is fair to question whether the wars as they were fought were the best use of America's wealth.

The Brain

In the perfect world envisaged by health and safety freaks 100% of deaths would be suicide.

The Brain

DGuller

Quote from: Zanza on October 13, 2011, 03:17:11 PM
Nevertheless, I think it is fair to question whether the wars as they were fought were the best use of America's wealth.
I don't think there is any point in questioning it.  I think it should be obvious by now that War on Terror was largely a catrastrophic waste of army personnel, wealth, and diplomatic capital.  The 3,000 civilians bin Laden got was nothing compared to what we inflicted upon ourselves.

Ideologue

Quote from: DGuller on October 13, 2011, 03:25:06 PM
I don't think there is any point in questioning it.  I think it should be obvious by now that War on Terror was largely a catrastrophic waste of army personnel, wealth, and diplomatic capital.  The 3,000 civilians bin Laden got was nothing compared to what we inflicted upon ourselves.

I know why you love fascism, Vlasov.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on October 13, 2011, 03:25:06 PM

Why do you hate official use of systematic torture? :mad:

Ideologue

P.S.: If you're going to include the war in Iraq, I think it's only fair to include the number of victims of state violence within Iraq prior to 2003.  That would be along the lines of a million plus an unquantifiable amount of human suffering.
Kinemalogue

Zanza

Ouch.

QuoteAmericans' incomes have dropped since 2000 and they aren't expected to make up the lost ground before 2021, according to economists in the latest Wall Street Journal forecasting survey.

From 2000 to 2010, median income in the U.S. declined 7% after adjusting for inflation, according to Census data. That marks the worst 10-year performance in records going back to 1967. On average, the economists expect inflation-adjusted incomes to rise over the next decade, but the 5% projected gain isn't enough to reach prerecession levels.

"Standards of living in the U.S. will continue to decline as we deleverage and emerging markets take over as the growth engine of the global economy," says Julia Coronado of BNP Paribas.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204774604576628981208827422.html

Zanza

Quote from: Ideologue on October 13, 2011, 03:34:25 PM
P.S.: If you're going to include the war in Iraq, I think it's only fair to include the number of victims of state violence within Iraq prior to 2003.  That would be along the lines of a million plus an unquantifiable amount of human suffering.
And add the cancer dead in other countries that could be saved by American research? I think you take that pic a bit too serious.

DGuller

Quote from: Ideologue on October 13, 2011, 03:34:25 PM
I only counted American losses.  Foreign people are externalities.