News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

looks like the hackers got a few celebs
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

*edit* in case you weren't following along in the thread pics a NSFW

http://www.gotothenews.com/

might be more, but you're welcome
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Habbaku

Those pictures are old.  I wonder why this is suddenly a resurgent issue?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

Quote from: Habbaku on September 14, 2011, 09:19:47 PM
Those pictures are old.  I wonder why this is suddenly a resurgent issue?
and you didn't let us know? :o :p

QuoteI wonder why this is suddenly a resurgent issue?

it's because a bunch more celebs got hacked. Renee Olstead seems to have gotten the worse of it (hint, there's a dildo involved).

Grey Fox

What I wonder is why is Scarlett taking naked pictures of herself.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

Same reason thousands of people do so?  To send to a significant other.  That the pics were found on a cell phone is all the more reason to suspect as much.

Also : Renee Olstead is a lot better-looking.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

i guess the Renee Olstead ones are also old.

HVC

Quote from: Habbaku on September 14, 2011, 09:28:00 PM
Also : Renee Olstead is a lot better-looking.
i hated that good damn show she was on.

Zoupa

Ideologue

I'm not particularly hot to look at pictures of women which were gained illegally and which they have not contracted to be released.  MAYBE THAT'S JUST ME.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on September 14, 2011, 09:52:01 PM
I'm not particularly hot to look at pictures of women which were gained illegally and which they have not contracted to be released.  MAYBE THAT'S JUST ME.

I think it'd be one thing if some paparazzi snapped the photos.  I think if you take nude photos of yourself and you are a high-profile individual, you have to know that they will get out eventually.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: Ideologue on September 14, 2011, 09:52:01 PM
Aren't you a commie? think of it as communal property :P

but i'm more in line garbon's thinking. if it was just some random girl i might feel uncomfortable, but celebraties choose their status and on top of it were stupid enough to take nude photos and save them.

Ideologue

So she was asking for it? :hmm:

Gabs: Actually, I'd be less upset if a paparazzo had taken the picture.  I'm of the opinion that you don't own the photons that bounce off your body, so if you don't take precautions to interrupt lines of sight like walls, or wearing underwear, fair enough (in a more complicated scenario, if the paparazzo had trespassed to acquire the necessary line of sight, we're back to it being immorally obtained).  You do, however, own the electrons in your phone, and you have the justified expectation of privacy and exclusion of all others that comes with ownership.

Why do you hate property, Garbon?

HVC: it's no better than if it occurred to a random person, but I think it might actually be creepier when it's someone whose name you know.

Would you guys buy stolen merchandise if you knew it was stolen?  And would the analysis change if it were Elijah Wood's house?  Seriously?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on September 14, 2011, 07:21:57 PM
Anyone else catch the leaked Scarlett Johansson pics?  Not bad if a bit grainy.

It's one of the most popular searches on Google now :lol:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Syt

Quote from: HVC on September 14, 2011, 09:24:17 PM
it's because a bunch more celebs got hacked.

I hope GRR Martin didn't make that list.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.