Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Brain on August 28, 2011, 09:35:35 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 28, 2011, 09:34:45 AM
Alternate History with a Nazi America. 

:wacko: Doesn't compute.

It had things like this....

...and talked seriously as if a Nazi America would even allow an Internet in the first place.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 28, 2011, 02:01:05 PM

...and talked seriously as if a Nazi America would even allow an Internet in the first place.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

I don't know which channel is worse, Spike with its retard programming, or TruTV white trash programming.  :cry:

I've gotten a kick out of Las Vegas Strip the couple times I've seen it.  They arrest some nice looking hoors.

Admiral Yi

Shakespeare is credited with inventing 1,700 English words, including "gossip" and "traditional."

MadImmortalMan

The burners are out in full force. Showing their non-conformity and disdain for The Man by shopping at Wal-Mart on their way through town. Gotta have some supplies before heading up to the Black Rock, dontcha know.

There seem to be more begging burners this year than normal.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

I wonder if any of that begging is a pose.

Ideologue

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 28, 2011, 06:22:27 PM
The burners are out in full force. Showing their non-conformity and disdain for The Man by shopping at Wal-Mart on their way through town. Gotta have some supplies before heading up to the Black Rock, dontcha know.

You kids and your impenetrable slang.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

A bit of a moan here, is it possible for the mods to start accepting membership requests again as I think there's one or two people I know who  want to sign up.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on August 28, 2011, 06:50:03 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 28, 2011, 06:22:27 PM

You kids and your impenetrable slang.

Burning Man is about to start.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on August 28, 2011, 07:11:34 PM
A bit of a moan here, is it possible for the mods to start accepting membership requests again as I think there's one or two people I know who  want to sign up.

I don't think your crazy homeless buddy would be a good fit.

Josephus

Mods accept membership? Really? You mean there's like criteria? An application? :hmm:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 28, 2011, 07:27:14 PM

Good job I don't have one of those then; now Grasshopper, if you're talking about the homeless guru I need to find, then I very much doubt he'd have any use for this place.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

China allows the internet.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 28, 2011, 07:27:14 PM

Hey!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 28, 2011, 08:06:34 PM

China allows the internet.

Don't be so simplistic...America started it, so China didn't really have a choice*, nor any involvement in it's initial development.  If Nazi Germany dominated Europe, and subjugated America, they'd have just a wee bit more say in the whole matter from the get-go.

*And as China is basically a capitalist-dictatorship, they're doing a good job adapting with it... significant censorship, yet getting much of the commercial benefits.