News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Vampire alternate history?  That 's just inexcusable.  Don't bring that shit here.  We aren't that degenerate.  Go post it on some furry forum or something else on that level.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on July 14, 2011, 07:27:39 PM
Vampire alternate history?  That 's just inexcusable.  Don't bring that shit here.  We aren't that degenerate.  Go post it on some furry forum or something else on that level.

Sorry, bro, that's Neil's bitch you're messing with.  And nobody messes with Neil's bitch in the yard, lest he wants 30 days in the hole.

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 14, 2011, 07:04:44 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 14, 2011, 12:29:01 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 14, 2011, 08:31:56 AM
They started making that anime after only a few chapters had been released. It misses the whole main plot about the SS Vampires who fled to S. America after the war returning to invade England and lay waste to London.
:lol:

You weren't serious, were you?  Surely that must be a joke?
London is Burning!

After bombardment by V1 missiles from their massive fleet of Zeppelins. Meanwhile the nation's military bases are in the process of being overrun by Vampire 5th columnists and across the channel the Vatican and its military orders prepare to take advantage of the chaos and launch the 9th Crusade to reconquer Britain for Catholicism.
That's just terrible.  I mean, vampires are tired and stupid to begin with, but that's like Twilight retarded.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on July 14, 2011, 07:39:19 PM
They started making that anime after only a few chapters had been released. It misses the whole main plot about the SS Vampires who fled to S. America after the war returning to invade England and lay waste to London.

London is Burning!

After bombardment by V1 missiles from their massive fleet of Zeppelins. Meanwhile the nation's military bases are in the process of being overrun by Vampire 5th columnists and across the channel the Vatican and its military orders prepare to take advantage of the chaos and launch the 9th Crusade to reconquer Britain for Catholicism.
That's just terrible.  I mean, vampires are tired and stupid to begin with, but that's like Twilight retarded.
Twilight is an emo love story staring a self hating "vampire"  who refuses to eat people.

Alucard is an eldritch horror would make Edward shit himself in terror and then tear out his soul and eat it. 

How can the two possibly be compared?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Ideologue

London is Burning!

See, this is fine, right here.  It's a pretty powerful page.  In short, despite it's cliched subject matter, it's an original and well-crafted execution.

QuoteAfter bombardment by V1 missiles from their massive fleet of Zeppelins. Meanwhile the nation's military bases are in the process of being overrun by Vampire 5th columnists and across the channel the Vatican and its military orders prepare to take advantage of the chaos and launch the 9th Crusade to reconquer Britain for Catholicism.

And then everything you say after that can't possibly be anything but the stupidest Goddamn thing ever imagined by humanity.

Let's section out this dicked-up shit:

1)Ninth Crusade happened in 1271.
2)Zeppelins.  Retarded.
3)Catholic military orders?  Beware the power of the Maltese!  Stupid.
4)Reconquer Britain for Catholicism.  This is awful, the exact kind of unbelievably ignorant shit you'd expect a Japanese person to write about.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on July 14, 2011, 08:45:53 PM

I mean, for one fucking thing, the Ninth Crusade happened in 1271.
According to Wikipedia there's some dispute on that, it often being considered merely part of the 8th. No idea how valid that is modern historical circles, but I'm not going to rip a Japanese author on making that kind of mistake.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Fine.  It's the least of my concerns.  Behold my edit.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

2)Zeppelins.  Retarded.
4)Reconquer Britain for Catholicism.  This is awful, the exact kind of unbelievably ignorant shit you'd expect a Japanese person to write about.
Spiritual Powers, Magic, Monsters...they all exist in this setting. Is it surprising then that Churches would maintain considerable power and come into conflict with each other?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 14, 2011, 08:55:55 PM

2)Zeppelins.  Retarded.
Spiritual Powers, Magic, Monsters...they all exist in this setting. Is it surprising then that Churches would maintain considerable power and come into conflict with each other?

Fine.

Explain how Germany and hence Nazis have come to exist without at least a rapproachement between Catholics and Protestants, or with a Catholic Church so temporally powerful it is able to mount military operations against Britain.

Look, I don't have anything specifically against anime or manga, you know this.  I like a lot of anime.  I don't really like Japanese comics too much, because of their cheap production values, and I am really unfond of their pernicious influence on the figure work in the Western artform (see, I get why anime people look like anime people, because you are drawing them thousands of times; manga doesn't have an excuse, and it's not even an idiosyncratic, individual expression, it's just "this is what people in our comics look like," with maybe a few mavericks actually drawing in any other fucking style).

But what you described is everything hateful in a genre work.  It's like it was designed to appeal to 12 year olds, with everything a 12 year old might think is really cool, like vampires and Nazis and... Catholics, I guess. It's like what Dan Brown wrote when he was 12 years old.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

But bless you for not trying to defend the zeppelins.  Yeah, I think they look cool, too, but outside of some limited applications, airships are borderline worthless instruments of war.

Now a SHIELD helicarrier?  Well, that's different.
Kinemalogue

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 14, 2011, 08:19:32 PM
Twilight is an emo love story staring a self hating "vampire"  who refuses to eat people.

Alucard is an eldritch horror would make Edward shit himself in terror and then tear out his soul and eat it. 

How can the two possibly be compared?
They're both masturbatory fantasies.  Edward is for middle-aged women, tweens and fags, while Alucard is a power trip for adolescent boys.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Ide i'm so kicking you in the nuts next time i see you for prolonging this bullshit by Timmay.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on July 14, 2011, 09:16:33 PM
Ide i'm so kicking you in the nuts next time i see you for prolonging this bullshit by Timmay.

And when he stands back up, do it again for me.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son