Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on July 13, 2011, 08:38:41 AM
Quote from: Tamas on July 13, 2011, 06:07:59 AM
Quote from: Tyr on July 13, 2011, 05:05:48 AM
Does anyone have any idea how hard it is to replace a laptop keyboard?

Sure. Take the old one out, put the new one in.
:smarty:
No big messing aroud with the insides?

It's not big but you'll have to take about half the case apart.

http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2007/08/30/removing-replacing-laptop-keyboard/
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadImmortalMan

I've done it a few times, and never found it in the least bit difficult. Don't worry. Super easy.

Actually, I put together laptops in the Compaq plant a long, long time ago.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

That's a strange uncomfortable feeling I've never experienced before; by coincidence my brother is building my next door neighbour an new kitchen, so at his request I went around to give him a hand lifting a few things in place and I felt rather ill at ease being in someone else's house uninvited.

The neighbour is a late 30 something woman, who I generally only say hi to or see to swap miss-delivered mail, so to suddenly find myself in her house, that I've never seen before, but which is next door, felt very odd. I found myself making a conscious effort to not look at any of her stuff, decoration, paintings etc, felt like an invasion of her privacy. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Just rediscovered the goggles thing. Languish's hidden page is super ghey :(

Quotejavascript:%20(function%20()%20{if%20(window.goggles%20&&%20window.goggles.active)%20{window.goggles.stop();}%20else%20{window.GOGGLE_SERVER='http://goggles.sneakygcr.net/page';var%20scr%20=%20document.createElement('script');scr.type%20=%20'text/javascript';scr.src%20=%20'http://goggles.sneakygcr.net/bookmarklet.js?rand='+Math.random();document.documentElement.appendChild(scr);}})();

Copy and paste that into the url bar.
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on July 13, 2011, 02:58:45 PM
That's a strange uncomfortable feeling I've never experienced before; by coincidence my brother is building my next door neighbour an new kitchen, so at his request I went around to give him a hand lifting a few things in place and I felt rather ill at ease being in someone else's house uninvited.

The neighbour is a late 30 something woman, who I generally only say hi to or see to swap miss-delivered mail, so to suddenly find myself in her house, that I've never seen before, but which is next door, felt very odd. I found myself making a conscious effort to not look at any of her stuff, decoration, paintings etc, felt like an invasion of her privacy.

A proper Languish ending to this account: 'So I stole a pair of her underwear, installed a webcam in her bathroom, and wacked off into her milk'.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

No one here would do such a thing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

No kidding, wtf is wring with you Malthus you sick freak.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 12, 2011, 06:49:20 AM

:menace:

Hellsing sucks and Alucard sucks.  But at least you didn't spell it "Arucard" like some total fag.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grey Fox

Quote from: mongers on July 13, 2011, 02:58:45 PM

You weird. You were there on professional business.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Quote from: Ideologue on July 13, 2011, 03:32:09 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 12, 2011, 06:49:20 AM

:menace:

Hellsing sucks and Alucard sucks.  But at least you didn't spell it "Arucard" like some total fag.
Arucald is a better name. It makes me giggle.
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 13, 2011, 03:11:09 PM
No one here would do such a thing.

I'm not saying anyone here would actually *do* these things.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: katmai on July 13, 2011, 03:16:39 PM
No kidding, wtf is wring with you Malthus you sick freak.

I've been put through the wringer.  :(

MadImmortalMan

I'm considering getting myself fired.

99 weeks of unemployment at 60% of my current salary is still investment money for me. I could do a lot of things with two years of free time...

:P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 13, 2011, 03:53:24 PM
99 weeks of unemployment at 60% of my current salary is still investment money for me.

I R jealous.  <_<
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?